FBI has secret docs
it's reticent to give up
Judge ordered disclosure of info on informants that could shed light on Oklahoma City tragedy
Posted: May 25, 2005
5:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

The FBI says it has located 340 documents related to the bombing of the Oklahoma City federal building in 1995, documents that could reveal damaging information about what the agency and its informants knew about the mass murder plot, reports the McCurtain Daily Gazette.

According to the report in the McCurtain County, Okla., paper, the documents address the monitoring of the bombing by FBI informants, Alabama attorney Morris Dees and Dees' organization, the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Writes reporter J.D. Cash in the Gazette: "If proven true, the ramifications of such disclosures would be far-reaching. Not only could the discovery of these documents lead to additional arrests and prosecutions in the OKC bombing case, but evidence of a cover-up of a sting operation involving the FBI and a private charity could ruin a number of careers of highly placed individuals."

The documents are part of an extensive filing made in federal court in Salt Lake City, Utah, on Monday. A court order was obtained by Salt Lake City attorney Jesse Trentadue, the plaintiff in a Freedom of Information suit against the Oklahoma City FBI office, the Gazette reported. Trentadue has been seeking evidence in the untimely death of his brother, whose body was found beaten and slashed while the inmate awaited a parole violation hearing.

Trentadue believes his brother was tortured and killed by government agents who mistakenly thought he was involved with executed killer Timothy McVeigh and others in a string of bank robberies and the bombing of the Oklahoma City federal building.

After learning the FBI was involved in a sting operation with the Southern Poverty Law Center, Trentadue, the Gazette reports, sought a copy of two teletypes from former FBI Director Louis Freeh that discussed the undercover operation "that proved the FBI knew in advance McVeigh's plans for bombing a federal building."

The FBI initially denied it had the teletypes, but after Trentadue produced redacted copies of them, he went to court to force the FBI to cough up copies of their original un-redacted versions.

On May 5, U.S. District Court Judge Dale A. Kimball ordered the FBI to turn over un-redacted copies of two teletypes sent by Freeh to a select group of FBI field offices, including the OKBOMB task force in Oklahoma City. Kimball's order also included instructions to perform an extensive search for other records involving McVeigh, his alleged co-conspirators and informants working for the Southern Poverty Law Center.

The paper reported that, according to a Jan. 4, 1996, teletype, Freeh disclosed the Southern Poverty Law Center had an informant at the white supremacist Elohim City compound when McVeigh called the facility requesting assistance with his plans. The teletype said the call was made on April 17, 1995 – 48 hours before a truck bomb destroyed the Murrah Federal Building, killing 168 persons and injuring 500 more.

For years, the FBI has repeatedly denied the agency had any prior knowledge of the bomb plot.

The FBI now says it has found 340 documents that could also link the SPLC to McVeigh, Elohim City and members of the Aryan Republican Army.

On Monday, the FBI proposed several alternatives to turning over the documents listed in Kimball's order, saying it did not have time to comply with the judge's order to turn over the material Trentadue is seeking by June 15.

Said an agency representative: "In the past, the backlog in the FOIPA Section has been exacerbated by the high volume of administrative appeals that will require review and response by the FBI's FOIPA Section personnel. … At the present time, the FBI is involved in over 150 pending lawsuits in various federal district and appellate courts throughout the United States."

The agency further argued that revealing the elements of its intelligence-gathering operation at Elohim City would not be in the best interests of the nation.

Ken Trentadue

FBI Tries To Limit Info Searches
Sat Jan 22, 2005 03:56

BI Tries To Limit Info Searches
WASHINGTON, Jan. 21, 2005

The FBI is fighting in court to limit how hard it has
to search for government documents requested by the
public under the Freedom of Information Act, one of
the main laws for ensuring openness in government.

If the bureau prevails, people could have a diminished
chance of getting documents from the nation's most
famous law enforcement agency, open records experts

In court, the FBI is defending a recent automated
search that missed some documents that had been
released years ago in a separate FOIA case.

Representing the FBI, the Justice Department asked a
federal judge this month to dismiss this lawsuit and
said its request should not be undermined "by an
unsuccessful search for a document as long as the
search was adequate." FBI officials declined to
further address the ongoing litigation.

Justice Department guidelines say the law requires a
search "reasonably calculated to uncover all relevant

Legal and academic critics say the search in this case
didn't meet that standard. They said they suspect the
transfer of records from paper to electronic files has
become an excuse for doing cursory searches that the
government knows won't retrieve all relevant

"We all thought that digitization of government
documents and electronic FOIA would mean greater
public access, but time and again we've seen
government agencies use it as an excuse for
obfuscation," said Jane Kirtley, a University of
Minnesota journalism professor who has waged many FOIA
battles. "They say, 'We don't have the software set up
to find what you're looking for.'"

The lawsuit in question was filed by Salt Lake City
lawyer Jesse Trentadue, who is pursuing a theory his
brother Kenneth was murdered in a federal prison
isolation cell in Oklahoma City on Aug. 21, 1995.
Kenneth's bloody and bruised corpse raised questions
of foul play among many officials, but local and
federal investigations ruled his death a suicide.

Last summer, Trentadue requested:

* A Jan. 4, 1996, teletype from FBI Director Louis
Freeh's office to the Oklahoma City and Omaha, Neb.,
offices that discussed the 1995 Oklahoma City federal
building bombers (the FBI's OKBOMB case) and a Midwest
gang of bank robbers (the FBI's BOMBROB case). He
enclosed a newspaper story with excerpts from the

* The FBI's record of an interview Trentadue says
he gave an agent and two Justice Department officials
Aug. 12, 1996, discussing his dead brother and the
bank robbery gang, including one member who resembled

* All documents about any connection between the
Southern Poverty Law Center and eight named
individuals from the OKBOMB and BOMBROB investigations
or a white supremacist compound in Elohim City, Okla.

The FBI told Trentadue Nov. 18 it found no documents
matching his requests.

Trentadue responded Nov. 30 by filing with the court a
copy of the January 1996 teletype, which he had found
in the meantime had been released under FOIA in 1997.
Trentadue also submitted a copy of an August 1996
teletype from Freeh's office that said two of the bank
robbers were present when Oklahoma City bomber Tim
McVeigh called the Elohim City compound. That too was
released years earlier under FOIA.

Trentadue asked the court to order another FBI search.

But this month, the Justice Department told the court
that, despite not uncovering those documents, "the
FOIA search in this case was reasonable."

David M. Hardy, chief of the FBI's record/information
dissemination section, told the court the FBI had
searched the general indices to its central records
system and two shared computer drives in the Oklahoma
City office.

Hardy, however, acknowledged the indices are not
complete. "The FBI does not index every name in its
files," Hardy told the court. The investigating agent
and supervisors have discretion to index other names
if they are "considered pertinent, relevant or
essential for future retrieval."

It's not clear that any other federal agency has an
index like the FBI's, and many federal agencies do
paper rather than computerized FOIA searches.

Given the details Trentadue provided, Rebecca
Daugherty, director of the FOI Service Center at the
Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, said the
government's response "doesn't sound reasonable."

"To ignore the map given by the requester is something
the FBI should not be doing," Daugherty said. "If a
requester can accurately describe a case so the agency
can easily find the file, then it's reasonable to
search that case file."

Citing the litigation, FBI Assistant Director
Cassandra Chandler declined to say how much detail
requesters must supply to extend a search beyond FBI
indices to case files.

She also declined to say how the "OKBOMB" search could
fail to produce the January teletype, in which the
first listed subject was "OKBOMB." Trentadue also
supplied the correct date, sender, two accurate
recipients and direct quotes.

Despite refusing in court this month to redo the
search even after Trentadue supplied copies of two
teletypes, the FBI changed its response once The
Associated Press inquired about the case.

FBI spokesman Mike Kortan said that after Trentadue
supplied the two documents the FBI was able to find
them and would provide him copies.


J.D. Cash
In the matter of Kenneth Michael Trentadue
Fri Apr 15, 2005 22:20


POSTED AT: http://www.apfn.org/apfn/okc_coverup.htm

In the matter of Kenneth Michael Trentadue (Part 2/5)

J.D. Cash / McCurtain Dailey Gazette | April 7, 2004

When two members of the Oklahoma Medical Examiner's office arrived at the sparkling new Oklahoma City Federal Transfer Center (FTC) at 7 a.m. on Aug. 21, 1995, what they found in the infirmary was the body of a man badly bruised, bloody and his throat cut. Guards and supervisors at the institution were calling it a suicide.

When questioned in more detail by the medical examiner's investigator, Tammi Gillis, Federal Transfer Center personnel stood by their story that the subject hanged himself while in isolation. One even said he thought the inmate had tried to slash his throat first. It was a bizarre story even from the beginning.
Adding to the strange nature of the situation, prison officials refused Gillis access to
the cell where the inmate was supposedly found - a clear violation of Oklahoma law.
Gillis was told the inmate on the gurney, with his scalp split to the skull in three places and throat slashed from ear to ear, had used his bed sheet and a couple of tubes of toothpaste to commit suicide.
Numerous bruises on the inmate's feet, legs, torso, both arms and back were passed off as self-inflicted, also, by the center staff.

Officials at the prison said they found the inmate hanging from a grate mounted on the wall in his cell at 3 a.m., during a routine inspection made by a guard on his regular rounds of the Special Housing Unit (SHU).

The SHU at the Oklahoma City facility is a high-security unit where prisoners are kept in solitary confinement, safe from other inmates.

Inmate records obtained from the institution reflect that the subject was strip searched before entering the SHU, 17 hours before his death. At that time, guards only noted a single blister on one of the inmate's feet and listed no other medical problems.

Inspection denied

After a closer physical examination of the body revealed a myriad of bruises and serious wounds, Gillis once again demanded an inspection of the cell for evidence of foul play. The investigator suspected that the inmate had been subjected to a violent beating.

Federal Transfer Center officials responded that a federal investigation was taking place and any investigation by the medical examiner's office would have to be put on hold.

Voluminous evidence would later surface, however, that proved the staff at the center were not investigating anything at the time of the incident.

No meaningful outside investigation was done that day by any federal or state agency. The staff at the center, however, tried to turn away outside investigators at the same time the scene of Trentadue's death was undergoing changes.

Records later would show that even before Gillis arrived to investigate the inmate's death, an Oklahoma City police officer was also turned away when he arrived to investigate why an ambulance was initially called to resuscitate a suicide victim.

Like Gillis, the police were told federal officials would take care of their own investigation. Later, investigators would discover that the ambulance team had been turned away at the gates.

Denied unfettered access to the inside of the cell, Gillis was only offered a brief look through the window on the door of the A709.

After a quick peek, the state investigator and her assistant left with Trentadue's body.

Records obtained by this newspaper indicate the pair were only on federal property 20 minutes that morning.

Trentadue held under

an alias at center

Documents obtained by the McCurtain Daily Gazette reveal a most unusual fact: Kenneth Trentadue was not listed at the Oklahoma City Federal Transfer Center by his real name. Instead, the inmate was listed as Paul Vance Brockway - an alias Trentadue used many years earlier.

And there would be more mysteries to emerge from the Oklahoma City Federal Transfer Center as Trentadue's death came under scrutiny.

According to Salt Lake City attorney Jesse Trentadue, his mother received notification of his brother's death on the morning of Aug. 21 from Marie Carter, acting warden at the Oklahoma City facility.

"After they told my mother that Kenny had killed himself, they said they wanted to cremate the body and send the ashes to us. My mother refused," Trentadue told this newspaper.

"I knew this was all bull---! Kenny had been on the phone with us a day or so earlier and was fine. He had no reason to kill himself. He hadn't committed a serious crime. He had been working, taking care of his family. He messed up with his parole officer, but was not robbing banks. Kenny was just going to appear before a hearing on a minor parole violation. He had a new baby and a wife to come back home to. If he had to serve a few weeks on the parole violation, no big deal."

Deep suspicions

The Trentadue family was not the only group to find the government's suicide story hard to believe.

From the outset, the Oklahoma State Medical Examiner's staff was highly skeptical.

The day following Trentadue's death, an Oklahoma City FBI agent received a murder complaint from Kevin Rowland, the medical examiner's lead investigator.

Once the medical examiner's office completed the Trentadue autopsy, they found the suicide claim very unlikely.

According to former FBI special agent Jeff Jenkins, Rowland told him in a telephone call that the inmate's wounds were inconsistent with a suicide and were likely the result of a murder.

In a Dec. 6, 1995, internal FBI memo marked NOT APPROPRIATE FOR DISSEMINATION TO THE PUBLIC, special agent Jenkins advised his superiors that the Oklahoma Medical Examiner's official findings would, "...likely rule that Trentadue's death was a homicide."

The memo went on to advise the Asst. Special Agent in Charge of the Oklahoma City FBI office that efforts were being made by Federal Transfer Center personnel to avoid polygraph examinations concerning the inmate's death.

"SA Jenkins stated that the new warden at the FTC will not allow any of the guards/officials to take polygraph examinations. The prison guards are represented by a strong union which will probably also object to their members taking a polygraph."

Destroying evidence?

Material obtained by this newspaper reveals that destruction of potential evidence by guards and officials at the FTC in Oklahoma City began in earnest on Aug. 21, 1995 - moments after Kenneth Trentadue took his last breath.

As soon as the medical examiner's investigator left with Trentadue's body, a team of guards and inmates began cleaning all the blood from the cell, before the local FBI or Bureau of Prisons special investigators flying in from Texas could conduct outside investigations as required by law.

In a sealed report of the investigation obtained by this newspaper, the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) for the Department of Justice determined that staff members at the Oklahoma City Federal Transfer Center immediately destroyed crime scene evidence and several months later lied about what they had done to federal investigators and grand jurors.

The man responsible for securing Trentadue's cell, Lt. Kenneth W. Freeman, was charged under law with notifying the FBI of the inmate's suspicious death so agents could investigate the scene.

Freeman was the special investigative supervisor responsible for conducting the initial investigation of Trentadue's death.

The Office of Inspector General found that Freeman did not immediately contact the FBI as the law required.

Instead, the OIG determined that center officials set about the process of cleaning the cell after learning that a special team of Bureau of Prisons investigators were winging their way to Oklahoma City for an internal investigation and could arrive at any moment.

Dated November 1999, the OIG report states:

"Later that morning (Aug. 21, 1995), Associate Warden Flowers decided that Trentadue's cell should be cleaned. Flowers told the OIG that when he asked Freeman during the morning of Aug. 21 if the FBI had been notified, Freeman told him the FBI had been notified and had instructed Freeman to send in a report about the incident. In addition, Flowers said that he had been informed by the FTC medical staff that Trentadue's blood count indicated a high probability that he was HIV-positive. (In fact, he was not HIV-positive.) Flowers said he thought the cell should be cleaned promptly because of the potentially infectious blood. ... Flowers said he therefore instructed the FTC health unit to clean the cell.

"Although the center staff had been told by the medical examiner's office that the condition of the body required them to immediately report the incident to the FBI and be careful to treat the cell as a crime scene and not disturb anything, the OIG report notes that statements made by the center's special investigative supervisor, Lt. Freeman, were not truthful about how he handled the situation. However, contrary to Freeman's representations, he still had not spoken to the FBI when he told Flowers he had. SA Jenkins stated that Freeman did not speak with him until approximately 11:30 a.m. Although Freeman falsely represented to the BOP and other investigators about when he first spoke with Jenkins, Freeman eventually admitted to the OIG that he had tried to contact Jenkins early in the morning on Aug. 21, but he did not provide full details about Trentadue's death. Although their recollections of the conversation of Aug. 21 differed, Freeman said he told Jenkins that FTC correction officers had found Trentadue hanging in a secure cell, that Trentadue had committed suicide by hanging himself, and that there was a little bit of blood. Jenkins said that Freeman did not mention any blood and did not describe the extent of Trentadue's injuries. ... At approximately 1 p.m., FTC medical staff and inmates cleaned Trentadue's cell."

The OIG investigation record is replete with details that while staff at the center mopped up blood from the floor and wiped away bloodstains from walls and furniture, others removed the bed sheet that Trentadue was supposed to have used to hang himself.

Also, most of the inmate's clothing would disappear that day. And prior to the rush to clean the cell, some photographs and a videotape were made of the scene and victim. Much of this evidence would also disappear - some for years, some forever.

At 2 p.m., the Bureau of Prison's Psychological Reconstruction Team landed in Oklahoma City to conduct an investigation that is required under BOP rules of every suspected inmate suicide case.

But once on Federal Transfer Center grounds, investigators would be shocked to discover the cell had been meticulously cleaned and what little evidence remained in the cell had been rearranged by the staff. The next day the team would leave Oklahoma City, unable to conduct a meaningful investigation.

The OIG report notes that transfer center officials had been aware since 8 a.m. that this special unit would be arriving that day.

Subsequent state and federal investigations concluded that by the time the team of Bureau of Prisons investigators walked into the facility, crucial evidence that might implicate others had been removed or washed away.

While the methodical destruction of the crime scene evidence was going forward, the Federal Transfer Center's psychologist, David Wedeking, had a meeting with his superiors.

After the meeting, Wedeking prepared a suicide watch report stating that Trentadue had been placed on a suicide watch shortly before his death. It was a lie.

While under oath, later, Wedeking admitted the report was false and that inmate Kenneth Trentadue was never under a suicide watch.



Shackled and hand-cuffed to major financial forces, the moguls of the monopoly press believe the secrets of Timothy McVeigh ended when heended. And the stooges, masquerading as our leaders, governing nowadays without our consent, are inclined to believe that as well.What they did not realize is that some of their supposed confidential conversations were not that hush-hush. Were overheard and noted, even apparently taped. What did they know and not tell us? Information confirmed to them as correct but kept from the common people?

[1] That the American secret political police had McVeigh under videoand audio scrutiny from at least thirty days prior to the multiplebombings on April 19, 1995, of the Alfred P. Murrah Building.

[2] McVeigh was surveilled in Kansas and Oklahoma in the company of two middle-eastern types, partly disguised. As known to the FBI , theAmerican CIA, and other espionage agencies, foreign and domestic, histwo handlers accompanied him in a late model four-wheel drive pick-uptruck.

[3] As these agencies corroborated, McVeigh's supervisors were actuallyIraqi military officers, from intelligence units, quietly brought intothe United States at the end of the brief Persian Gulf War, 1991. Theywere part of more than four thousand of the same, supposed defectors,arranged by then President George Herbert Walker Bush. The Elder Bush, many do not know, for the decade of the 1980s, was the PRIVATE business partner of Saddam Hussein, the Iraqi strongman. Together, they shared billions and billions of dollars of kick-backs and "protection" funds,from the weak oil sheikdoms of the Persian Gulf. A little known Chicagofederal lawsuit was brought, in October, 1990, during the lead-up to the shooting war, to keep concealed the related bank records showing the clandestine partnership. The case involved the records of the Chicagounit of Italy's largest bank, owned in part by the Vatican, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, BNL. The Federal Reserve Board wanted the HouseBanking Committee Chairman to agree never to use the records because herefused to sign a secrecy oath.As the only journalist attending the court hearing, I interviewed someof the participants in the back of the courtroom. I asked and receive did entical answers three times, to be certain of the crucial data. Theyconfirmed the Bush-Saddam relationship and the monstrous kick-backs fromthe sheikdoms. Only one publication, a populist newspaper, TheSpotlight, penetrated the nationwide censorship and ran my exclusivestory, August 19, 1991. The case was entitled People of the State ofIllinois ex rel Willis C. Harris, Bank Commissioner vs. the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the House Banking Committee,No. 90 C 6863, in the U.S. District Court, and later heard in the U.S.Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, Chicago. http://www.apfn.net/messageboard/04-17-05/discussion.cgi.68.html


Oklahoma City -- A Decade Later
Mon Apr 11, 2005 19:48
Oklahoma City -- A Decade Later
by William F. Jasper
April 18, 2005 Issue


Before 9/11 there was Oklahoma City. Before the name of Osama bin Laden entered public discourse there was Timothy McVeigh. McVeigh was executed on June 11, 2001 for his role in the April 19, 1995 bombing of the Murrah Federal Building.

Two days after the OKC bombing, President Clinton vowed: “Justice for these killers will be certain, swift and severe. We will find them, we will convict them, and we will seek the death penalty against them.” Attorney General Janet Reno and FBI Director Louis Freeh likewise promised that “no stone will be left unturned” in pursuing all of those responsible for this terrible act.

Fine words, tough words, but what really happened? In the months and years that followed those promises, the most extensive and expensive investigation in history turned into the model of official coverups. Evidence was intentionally lost, misplaced, tainted, and destroyed. Important witnesses were ignored or harassed and intimidated. Witness testimony was altered and misrepresented. Some of the most important suspect leads were inexplicably ignored, while federal investigators were sent on wild goose chases and interviews with nut cases.

On December 23, 1997, following the verdict in Terry Nichols’ federal trial, Janet Reno said: “Two and a half years ago, when the Murrah Building was bombed, FBI Director Louis Freeh and I promised to follow every lead and bring those responsible to justice. Today, that promise has been kept.”

That statement was a monstrous, cruel lie, as everyone who has followed this magazine’s investigation of the bombing is well aware. The Clinton/Reno/Freeh “investigation” went to incredible lengths to dispose of all evidence that McVeigh and Nichols had other accomplices, especially the mysterious “John Doe No. 2,” who was seen with McVeigh at the Ryder truck rental shop and other locations. Despite the testimony of dozens of credible eyewitnesses who placed McVeigh with additional John Does in the days immediately before the bombing and on the day of the bombing itself, the John Doe sightings were dismissed at trial by federal prosecutor Beth Wilkinson as mere “Elvis sightings.”

Now, a seemingly unrelated case offers new hope of breaking through the official lies and coverup. In August 1995, four months after the OKC bombing, an inmate died in the Federal Transfer Center in Oklahoma City. Federal officials ruled the death of Kenneth Michael Trentadue a suicide. However, when Trentadue’s family finally got his body, they knew the “suicide” was really a homicide. Moreover, it was obvious that he had been tortured, brutally beaten, and strangled. His body was covered with bruises and lacerations. The Oklahoma Medical Examiner and the federal government’s own forensic pathologists agreed that this was a case of murder, not suicide. But crucial evidence was “lost,” the crime scene was destroyed, and witnesses were pressured to change their testimony.

The Trentadue family refused to give up, despite incredible threats and roadblocks thrown in their path. In 2001, the family won a $1.1 million judgment in U.S. District Court against the U.S. government for intentional infliction of emotional distress.

How is Kenny Trentadue’s death related to the OKC bombing? Jesse Trentadue, a trial lawyer and Kenny’s older brother, thinks he now has important clues that finally may lead to the answer to that troubling question. FBI documents he recently acquired under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) indicate a connection between Timothy McVeigh and a group of notorious neo-Nazis known as the Aryan Republic Army. Also known as the Midwest Bank Robbers, these extremists operated out of a backwoods Oklahoma compound known as “Elohim City.” Trentadue believes his brother Kenny was mistaken for Richard Guthrie, one of the bank robbers, who is mentioned in an FBI memo along with McVeigh. This would agree with the statement of David Paul Hammer, one of McVeigh’s death row inmates, who claims McVeigh once stated his opinion that Trentadue had been killed by federal authorities who thought he was Guthrie.

Another individual who appears in an FBI memo obtained by the Trentadues is Andreas Strassmeir, an illegal alien of German nationality who served as the “chief of security” at Elohim City. His name is blacked out of the memo, but there is no doubt that it is Strassmeir whose identity is being hidden. This magazine has reported extensively on evidence pointing toward both Strassmeir and Guthrie as prime conspirators with McVeigh in the OKC terror attack. We reported also on the important information provided by Carol Howe, an undercover operative for the federal government inside Elohim City who warned her superiors of the upcoming attack and fingered Strassmeir as the key suspect. Evidence continues to build indicating that Strassmeir also was a government operative, quite probably working for the CIA. Is that why the government has gone to such lengths to keep him out of the OKC picture?

This is not an “Elvis sighting.” The Trentadue family has uncovered important evidence and is suing the government to force the release of more documents. The truth may yet come out.



Jayna Davis - From Oklahoma City to the Middle East

The Oklahoma City Bombing - many unanswered questions

Two Ryder Trucks Used in OKC Bombing
Sat Apr 16, 2005 01:44
Two Ryder Trucks Used in OKC Bombing

by J.D. Cash
Jubilee Correspondent

Junction City and Herington, Kansas It has been over a year since these small mid-western communities were thrust into the spotlight, but residents here still bristle when a reporter shows up on the doorstep. Following the arrests of bombing suspects, Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols, Junction City and Herington were inundated by hoards of fast talking and often poorly mannered media types from almost every corner of the globe. All of this unwanted attention showered down on residents of the central Kansas flint hills, because, the government alleges, ex-army buddies, McVeigh and Nichols, launched from here a carefully crafted conspiracy to bomb the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.

Last year's April 19th bombing left 168 persons dead, hundreds more injured, and millions of dollars in property damaged.

While universal agreement on "who and why" still remain as elusive as the infamous John Doe #2, many of these Kansas residents say they have seen their faith in government especially tested, because of the government's inability to provide credible answers and make arrests of other persons they believe conspired with McVeigh and Nichols.

We don't miss much here!!

This is a farm community, says Barbara Whittenberg, and we don't miss much of what folks are up to. The owner-operator of Herington's Sante Fe Trail Diner and Motel continues, Terry lived just a block from here and he and McVeigh would come in from time to time....I served breakfast to McVeigh and Nichols and another person,...the Saturday before the bombing. Adding, While they were eating, parked outside, they had a Ryder rental truck...But now we know it wasn't the one that was used in downtown Oklahoma City...And, we all know, there are other people involved in this thing, but the FBI acts like they don't believe any of us! Then, with an air of conspiracy, she wonders out loud, Or, maybe they do know everything and (officials) aren't going to do anything about it.

Mysteries of the 2nd Ryder truck

Among many of the locals who vividly recall activities of McVeigh and Nichols, in the days before the bombing, the certain belief exists that the defendants (and other unknown persons) had, for a time, a second Ryder truck. But when such information is passed to the FBI, witnesses say the agents don't appear interested or the sightings are wholly discounted.

The problem the government has with these reports, center around the fact that the rear axle recovered, only hours after the bombing, was traced to Elliot's Body Shop in Junction City, and it belonged to a 1993 Ford truck chassis. Computer records and eyewitness testimony of Elliott's employees clearly indicate that a person fitting the description of McVeigh rented that vehicle at 4:22 p.m., Monday, April 17th. Thus, any witness recollections of McVeigh, Nichols and other persons, associated with a Ryder truck, prior to Monday afternoon, differs with what the Grand Jury was told when only two suspects were indicted last August 10th. And, it is such growing discrepancies in the government's case that is sure to provide the lawyers for the bombing defendants "ammunition" in their quest to cast reasonable doubt in the minds of the trial jury when the case goes to court in Denver, later this year or early next.

Bomb was built in Second Truck

If there is one thing certain in all this, there was a second Ryder truck! Says McVeigh's court appointed attorney, Stephen Jones of Enid, Oklahoma. And the men who built the bomb, did so, on the 10th, 11th and 12th of April. Days before my client came to Junction City.

Parroting this theory is Michael Tigar, who represents Terry Nichols. Tigar told the Nichols family, after the arraignments of the co-defendants, last year, The bomb that blew up the federal building was built by other people several days before McVeigh "showed up"...and, the government's case will suffer when that comes out.

The Government's Case

Widely reported since the bombing, Terry Nichols had only recently purchased a home in Herington, Kansas when Timothy McVeigh arrived from Kingman, Arizona, on Friday, April 14th. The government contends that during the next few days, the pair set about putting the final touches on their plans to blow up the Oklahoma City federal building.

Federal authorities further say that McVeigh called Elliott's Body shop on that same Friday and reserved a 20 Ryder truck. Next, on Saturday, the 15th of April, the government has said that McVeigh went to Elliott's and put down a deposit to hold the truck. Then, on Monday afternoon, the 17th of April, employees at Elliot's report that a man fitting the description of Timothy McVeigh, but using the alias Bob Kling, paid for and left with a 1993 Ryder rental truck. On both Saturday and Monday, employees of the rental establishment maintain that McVeigh was accompanied by the mysterious subject of a nationwide manhunt, John Doe #2.

The Government still contends that it wasn't until Tuesday morning, April 18th that McVeigh and Nichols took the truck to Geary Fishing Lake, south of Junction City, and while there, mixed a fertilizer and fuel oil bomb. And, it was this very same truck, prosecutors told the Grand Jury, which was used to carry the bomb from Kansas to Oklahoma City " where it was subsequently detonated by Tim McVeigh in front of the federal building at 9:02 a.m., April 19.

Witness Reports

A chronology of several eyewitnesses interviewed reveal a much more intriguing tale, though. Take, for instance, Mr. James Sergeant of Herington, Kansas.

April 9, 1995 was Sergeant's last day in the military and so he decided to begin his retirement with a few days of fishing.

Arriving, Monday morning, April 10, (two days before McVeigh leaves Kingman, Arizona to drive to Kansas) Sergeant clearly recalls seeing a yellow Ryder truck, parked at Geary State Fishing Lake. Off and on, all that day, the witness remembers several men working in the cargo area of the truck. Parked near the rental truck was a rust colored pickup truck and white sedan.

The next morning, when Sergeant pulled down to the shore, he was surprised to see the truck still there. I really began to wonder why someone would be wasting their money on a rental truck out there at a lake...No one was ever fishing, either. Sergeant added, perplexed, I could never see what was going on, because they had the truck backed down to the edge of the water and so no one could see inside the cargo area, unless they were in a boat...I was fishing from the bank.

Wednesday, April 12th was Sergeant's last morning to visit the lake before the bombing, and when he did, he was again surprised to find the same inexplicable activity going on.

Reports, Sergeant, "None of it made any sense...I couldn't make out the faces of the men, but they were still messing around on the third day I fished there." Adding, "That same yellow moving van was parked in about the same spot each of the three days I was there."

Other Sightings

Extending the time the truck was seen at the lake, is a neighbor of Sergeant's from Herington, who, by coincidence, sold Terry Nichols and his wife, Marife their home, only weeks earlier.

Georgia Rucker drives each school day along Highway 77, to Junction City, to take her son to parochial school. Some 17 miles north of Herington, she and her son pass within a 150 yards of the eastern shore of Geary Lake. On the mornings of April 13th and 14th the Herington real-estate broker and her son noted the odd site of a bright yellow moving van parked near the shore of the lake.

"During that time of year, there isn't any foliage yet and that truck really stood out...My son and I kept joking about why people would be paying rent on a moving van while it just sat out there." Rucker added, "There were some other vehicles there, but I don't remember what kind." Adding, "I didn't drive to Junction City again, until Tuesday..., because school was out on Monday the 17th. Again, on Tuesday, I did see a yellow truck out there ' in the very same place.'

But what Mrs. Rucker and her son didn't realize, until sometime later, was that the truck they saw on Tuesday morning, the 17th, was a wholly different truck than the one they saw parked at that same location the previous week. And, it will be this Ryder truck, that will be delivered the very next morning to the front of the ill-fated, Murrah Federal Building.

The Dreamland's infamous guest

To owner-manager Lea McGown, he was just another drifter. The Dreamland Motel has seen thousands over the years. Hugging the access road which parallels the main highway into Junction City, the 60's era roadside motel is clean, comfortable and inexpensive. Timothy McVeigh would spend his final few days of freedom here.

"When he checked in, (Friday, April 14th) he was driving a yellow Mercury sedan," recalls McGown. "The car was trashy looking, but Mr. McVeigh was neat and seemed pleasant."

The following day, McGown recalls that America's most notorious criminal defendant was wheeling into her parking lot with a large moving van. "Mr. McVeigh parked outside my office window and came inside," McGown related. "He asked if he could park the truck in front of his room...I told him no, he should park in under our sign � so others could get through the lot easier."

Asked to describe the truck, Ms. McGown clearly remembers, "It was the next to the largest size, that Ryder rents...And, it was an older model " maybe 8 to 12 years old." Adding, "The next day (Easter Sunday, April 16) he pulled in with it again, in mid-afternoon."

Also, relating some odd behavior that day, was McGown's son. And, his mother still recalls watching the scene with him.

"For several minutes, one day, McVeigh was outside my window, working with the latch on the cargo door of the older truck...Eric came in laughing and said, �Watch him mother, he keeps wrestling with that latch " trying to get it to lock.... All he has to do is raise the door up and then slam it".

But McVeigh wouldn't raise the cargo door ' apparently he was concerned about what the other guests in the parking lot might see inside the hold of that vehicle.

New Truck Arrives

Ms. McGown and her son have been interviewed by the FBI on several occasions since the bombing. In fact, it was Ms. McGown�s identification of a sketch artist drawing of John Doe #1 that led federal law enforcement officials to the Perry jail, where McVeigh was being held on unrelated traffic and firearms charges. The pair also recall the day McVeigh arrived at the motel with a different Ryder truck.

"On Monday evening (April 18), I saw Mr. McVeigh in a truck that was smaller and much newer.' Recalls McGown. "I never said anything about it to him, but I wondered,...what was wrong with the other one?" Adding, 'The next morning, around 5:00, I heard doors slamming and when I looked outside around 6:00, the truck was gone...I never saw Mr. McVeigh again until he was shown on television, after his arrest."

Last Sighting in Herington ' One block from Nichols home!

Returning from a sales meeting in Manhattan, Kansas, Carol (name protected by request) saw a Ryder truck in the parking lot of a diner in Herington, just after midnight, April 19th.

"I saw a large Ryder truck and cream colored large mid-eighties sedan sitting in the parking lot of Sante Fe Trails Diner. At the time, I thought the owner of the restaurants" sister had just come to town." Further explaining, "Barbara (Whittenberg) was expecting her sister anytime...she was moving here."

Was this the 'second' mysterious Ryder that witnesses associated with the cream colored sedan at Perry Lake the week earlier, or was it the truck McVeigh is alleged to have used in the actual bombing?

Cattle Baron's Restaurant

Sitting at the crossroads of highways 64 and 77 is Perry, Oklahoma's best steak house; guests there recall seeing two strangers sitting in the rear wing of the restaurant ' sipping beer and eating steaks around 7:30 p.m. the day before the bombing.

Some of our customers have been interviewed by the FBI, said co-owner, Judy Leonard. Adding, I saw the men, they were young. One had short light brown hair, like McVeigh's, the other ...I don't remember as well as some of the customers do....We noticed them here around 7:30....Some of the people say it was McVeigh for sure and the John Doe #2 fellow... Then Ms. Leonard said, One thing is for sure, while the two were here that Tuesday evening, outside was a Ryder truck matching the description of the one used in the bombing.

Bomb Materials Transferred

Many witnesses interviewed in Junction City and Herington are, today, certain, that on Tuesday, Timothy McVeigh and other conspirators transferred the barrels containing the explosives from the older Ryder truck to the truck McVeigh is believed to have rented Monday evening. Theories abound as to why this was done. Some believe that the other members of the conspiracy wanted to tie McVeigh to the crime, making him the fall-guy. But for whatever the reason, resident's interviewed all agree, the official line presented by the government is incomplete.


WorldNetDaily: Author ties McVeigh to Aryan group
... The university criminologist, along with investigative journalist JD Cash,
who has looked into the OKC bombing since the early days following the ...




In the matter of Kenneth Michael Trentadue


Fed Implicated in OKC Bombing

[APFN] The Terrance (Terry) Yeakey Incident
Terrance (Terry) Yeakey was a courageous young black
Oklahoma City police officer who was on duty near the
 Murrah Building the morning of that building's bombing.
 Officer Yeakey entered the bombed out Murrah building
 and saw things that apparently caused him to be murdered.
 The hideous details are within these audio tapes, an interview
with Terrance Yeakey's wife:
(Real Player)
Part 1
Part 2


Subscribe to apfn-1
chooser.gif (706373 bytes)
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

American Patriot Friends Network

"... a network of net workers..."

Without Justice, there is JUST_US!

APFN Message Board

APFN Sitemap

APFN Contents Page

APFN Home Page

E-Mail: apfn@apfn.org

Hit Counter