Police Officer Murdered to cover up OKC Bombing
SGT. Terry Yeakey's Mom speaks out. 

Video Uploaded on May 20, 2011

SGT. Terry YEAKEY was Murdered, most likely suspects were FBI agents, and others in law enforcement, which is why the investigator - aka Cover-up agents had to put Ramona in a Mental institution and cause more than a dozen other lesser know "witnesses" to die. this Interview with Terry's Mother give some insight. Sgt. Yeakey knew TOO much and had the proof.

Date: Fri Apr 25 13:24:03 1997 
Resent-From: "Bob Hall"  
Resent-To: okcbomb@mars.galstar.com  
To: piml@mars.galstar.com  
From: hafreepr@telepath.com  (David Hoffman/Haight Ashbury Free Press) 
Subject: okcbomb] piml] Police Officer Murdered to cover up OKC Bombing 
Reply-To: okcbomb@mars.galstar.com  (The okcbomb mailing list) 
This story is third of a series that ran in the Washington Weekly. It will 
be included in my forthcoming book, entitled, "The Oklahoma City Bombing 
and the Politics of Terror," to be published in the Fall on 1997 by Feral 
House. It should be in all the major bookstores, that is, unless the FBI 
steals the galleys. 
Like Dr. Don Chumley, the media said Officer Terrance Yeakey "was wracked 
with guilt" over his inability to help more people that fateful morning. 
And in a manner paralleling that of El Reno Prison guard Joey Gladden, the 
press claimed Yeakey led a "troubled family life," having been recently 
divorced from his wife Tonia, and separated from his two daughters, aged 
two and four, whom the Daily Oklahoman claimed he was not permitted to see 
due to a restraining order. 
On May 8, 1996, only three days before Sergeant Yeakey was to receive the 
Oklahoma Police Department's Medal of Valor, he "committed suicide." The 30 
year-old cop was found in a field near El Reno, not far from where Gladden 
"committed suicide." His wrists were slashed in numerous places, as was his 
neck and throat. Apparently not satisfied with this initial attempt to take 
his life, he got out of his car, walked a mile and-a-half over rough 
terrain, then pulled out his gun shot himself in the head. 
Some accounts suggest that Yeakey was reluctant to receive the Medal of 
Valor due to his "guilt" over being injured in the Murrah Building. "He 
didn't like it," said his supervisor Lt. Jo Ann Randall. "There are some 
people that like to be heroes and some that don't. He was not one that 
wanted that." 
"He had a lot of guilt because he got hurt," added fellow officer Jim Ramsey [1] 
Apparently, there was much more behind Officer Terrance Yeakey’s reluctance 
to be honored as a hero.  
“He kept telling me it wasn’t what I thought it was,” said his ex-wife, Tonia 
Rivera, “that they were only choosing officers who were not even at the site, 
you know—who didn’t see anything—to take public rewards, recognition, that 
sort of stuff.  
“They started pressuring them into taking [the rewards],” added Rivera. “There 
came a time about mid-year, where they were forcing him into going to these 
award ceremonies. As in, ‘Yes, you could not go, but we’ll make your life 
The story of the reluctant hero, she added, was nothing more than a “real thin 
veil of truth” which covered up a “mountain of deceit.” 
“[T]erry wanted no part of it.” [2] 
His sister, Vicki Jones, agreed. “Terry hated that stuff. ‘I’m no hero,’ he would 
say. ‘Nobody that had anything to do with helping those people in that bombing 
are heroes.”    
Why would the Medal of Valor recipient make such a bizarre-sounding 
statement? In a letter he wrote to a bombing victim and friend, the officer tells 
the real reason for his reluctance to be honored as a hero: 
Dear Ramona, 
I hope that whatever you hear now and in the future will not change your 
opinions about myself or others with the Oklahoma City Police Department, 
although some of the things I am about to tell you about is [sic] very disturbing. 
I don’t know if you recall everything that happened that morning or not, so I 
am not sure if you know what I am referring to. 
The man that you and I were talking about in the pictures I have made the 
mistake of asking too many questions as to his role in the bombing, and was 
told to back off. 
I was told by several officers he was a ATF agent who was overseeing the 
bombing plot and at the time the photos were taken he was calling in his report 
of what had just went down! 
I think my days as a police officer are numbered because of the way my 
supervisors are acting and there is [sic] a lot of secrets floating around now 
about my mental state of mind. I think they are going to write me up because of 
my ex-wife and a VPO. 
I told you about talking to Chaplain Poe, well the bastard wrote up in a report 
stating I should be relieved of my duties! I made the mistake of thinking that a 
person’s conversation with a chaplain was private, which by the way might 
have cost me my job as a police officer! A friend at headquarters told me that 
Poe sent out letters to everyone in the department! That BITCH (Jo Ann 
Randall) I told you about is up to something and I think it has something to do 
with Poe. If she gets her way, they will tar and feather me! 
I was told that Jack Poe has written up a report on every single officer that has 
been in to see him, including Gordon Martin and John Avery. 
Knowing what I know now, and understanding fully just what went down that 
morning, makes me ashamed to wear a badge from Oklahoma City’s Police 
Department. I took and oath to uphold the Law and to enforce the Law to the 
best of my ability. This is something I cannot honestly do and hold my head up 
proud any longer if I keep my silence as I am ordered to do. 
There are several others out there who was [sic] what we saw and even some 
who played a role in what happened that day. 
[Two Pages Missing] 
My guess is the more time an officer has to think about the screw up the more 
he is going to question what happened... Can you imagine what would be 
coming down now if that had been our officers’ who had let this happen? 
Because it was the feds that did this and not the locals, is the reason it’s okay. 
You were right all along and I am truly sorry I doubted you and your motives 
about recording history. You should know that it is going to one-hell-of-a-fight. 
Everyone was behind you until you started asking questions as I did, as to how 
so many federal agents arrived at the scene at the same time. 
Luke Franey (a BATF agent who claimed he was in the building) was not in the 
building at the time of the blast, I know this for a fact, I saw him! I also saw 
full riot gear worn with rifles in hand, why? Don’t make the mistake as I did 
and ask the wrong people. 
I worry about you and your young family because of some of the statements that 
have been made towards me, a police officer! Whatever you do don’t confront 
McPhearson with the bomb squad about what I told you. His actions and 
defensiveness towards the bombing would make any normal person think he 
was defending himself as if he drove the damn truck up to the building himself. 
I am not worried for myself, but for you and your group. I would not be afraid 
to say at this time that you and your family could be harmed if you get any 
closer to the truth. At this time I think for your well being it is best for you to 
distance yourself and others from those of us who have stirred up to many 
questions about the altering and falsifying of the federal investigation’s reports. 
I truly believe there are other officers like me out there who would not settle for 
anything but the truth, it is just a matter of finding them. The only true problem 
as I see it is, who do we turn to then? 
It is vital that people like you, Edye Smith, and others keep asking questions 
and demanding answers for the actions of our federal government and law 
enforcement agencies that knew beforehand and participated in the cover-up. 
The sad truth of the matter is that they have so many police officers convinced 
that by covering up the truth about the operation gone wrong, that they are 
actually doing our citizens a favor. What I want to know is how many other 
operations have they had that blew up in their faces? Makes you stop and take 
another look at Waco. 
I would consider it to be an insult to my profession as a police officer and to the 
citizens of Oklahoma for ANY of the City, State or Federal agents that stood by 
and let this happen to be recognized as any thing other than their part in 
participation in letting this happen. For those who ran from the scene to change 
their attire to hide the fact that they were there, should be judged as cowards. 
If our history books and records are ever truly corrected about that day it will 
show this and maybe even some lame excuse as to why it happened, but I truly 
don’t believe it will from what I now know to be the truth. 
Even if I tried to explain it to you the way it was explained to me, and the 
ridiculous reason for having out own police departments falsify reports to their 
fellow officers, to the citizens of the city and to our country, you would 
understand why I feel the way I do about all of this. 
I believe that a lot of the problems the officers are having right now are because 
some of them know what really happened and can’t deal with it, and others like 
myself made the mistake of trusting the one person we were supposed to be able 
to turn to (Chaplain Poe) only to be stabbed in the back. 
I am sad to say that I believe my days as a police officer are numbered because 
of all of this....   
Shortly after the bombing, Yeakey appeared at his ex-wife's. "About two 
weeks before his death, he'd come into my home at strange times," said 
Rivera, "two-thirty in the morning, four in the morning, unannounced-trying 
to give me life insurance policies.... He kept telling me we needed to get 
remarried immediately, or me and the girls would not be taken care of. 
"I mean, why would a guy tell you to take a life insurance policy, knowing 
damn well it wouldn't pay for a suicide? He obviously knew he was in 
Yet Officer Terrance Yeakey was not the type of person to easily show his 
feelings. He didn't want to tell his family anything that might get them 
"He told me enough to let me know that it was not what they were making it 
out to be," said Rivera, "and that he was disgusted and didn't want any 
part of it, but he never went into detail.... It scared me."[3] 
Yeakey also had a girlfriend who worked at El Reno Federal Prison, 
ironically, the same place that Joey Gladden worked before he "committed 
suicide." Speaking through a police officer friend, the woman said that 
Yeakey had been having nightmares, and was scared. "It was about a week 
after the bombing," said the intermediary, "that the large, strapping cop 
suddenly became frightened. In fact, according to his girlfriend, the 
Saturday after the bombing, Yeakey became scared-to-death, and had remained 
that way ever since. 
Within days of the bombing, according to a sympathetic government source 
who has spoken to Rivera, Yeakey began receiving death threats. He was at 
his ex-wife's apartment when the calls came. Afraid for his family, he got 
up and left. 
"When he came to my apartment two weeks prior, trying to give me these 
insurance policies," said Rivera, "he sat on my living room couch and cried 
and told me how he had a fight with [his supervisors] Lt. Randall and Maj. 
Upchurch. He did not tell me what that entailed, but he was scared-he was 
crying so badly he was shaking. 
"He wouldn't totally voice whatever it was," recalled Rivera. "It was like 
he'd be just about to tell me-he'd want to spill his guts-and then he 
stopped, and he just cried. And that's when he kept insisting that I take 
the insurance policy." 
Although Yeakey was concerned for his family, the marriage was not without 
abuse. Rivera had filed a VPO (Victim's Protective Order) against him 
slightly over two years ago. In a fit of temper, Yeakey had once threatened 
to take his life and those of his wife and children. 
"I think it was said in the haste of, well, he's going to kill all of us 
kind of thing-cop under pressure," said Rivera. But that was over a year 
and-a-half ago. Yeakey had spent considerable time with his wife and 
children since then, taking them on family outings and so forth. 
Nevertheless, the Oklahoma City Police Department (OCPD) attempted to use 
the incident to claim that Yeakey was suicidal. It was on the day of his 
death, around 1:30 p.m., that they called Rivera, trying to get her to file 
a VPO Violation based on the two-year-old report. "They wanted me to come 
down and make some statements against him," Rivera said. 
On the same afternoon, in-between messages on his answering machine from 
his sister, Vicki Jones and his supervisor Lt. Jo Ann Randall, Yeakey had a 
message from Tonia. "The message was like at 5:30 in the afternoon," 
recalled Rivera. "I sound like I'm whispering, and I'm apologizing for 
waking him up-at 5:30 in the afternoon-on Wednesday." 
It seems the intent behind this cleverly-crafted deception was to convince 
the family and potential investigators that Rivera was an "evil person," 
who was sleeping with him the night before, but "went down and filed a VPO 
the next day." 
"That tape was planted," said Rivera. "I never called his house." 
It seemed the OCPD was playing an elaborate game to sow confusion and 
mistrust, and create the appearance that Rivera was responsible for her 
ex-husband's death. 
"So it comes out in paper after paper how he's having problems with his 
ex-wife, how he's not allowed to see his children.... "They're trying to play 
up the story of the bitch-ass wife whose trying to get him fired...." 
Yet Rivera claimed she never filed a VPO violation. "The OCPD wanted to 
file one," said Rivera. "But I never signed it."  Rivera claimed she had 
gone to the police station, but simply out of concern for her ex-husband, 
who had been acting strangely. 
"Nobody ever said, 'Mrs. Yeakey, Terry's missing. Do you know anyplace he 
might have gone to? They never told me that they weren't able to locate 
him, that they were concerned, you know-nothing. I never knew he was 
Officer Terrance Yeakey's death was a tragedy, but if OCPD officials were 
concerned over their fellow officer's death, they didn't show it. Almar 
Jarrahi, Yeakey's natural mother, told me that no one from the Department 
ever called after his death. Even Yeakey's two best friends on the police 
force never called to offer their condolences, she claimed. Why? Were they 
guilty about their silence over their friend's death? 
If Officer Yeakey's death was anything more than a suicide, the OCPD didn't 
go to any great lengths to find out. While his death occurred in El Reno, 
the OCPD took over the crime scene, squeezing the El Reno Police Department 
out of the picture. The OCPD's Media Relations officer, Cpt. Ted Carlton, 
explained, "It was our police officer who was killed. It's not uncommon [to 
take over the investigation] in the case of a smaller police agency." [4] 
But Carlton could cite no official rule or statute for this decision. Was 
the OCPD attempting to keep El Reno from discovering something? Something 
they weren't supposed to know? 
Although forensics are also standard procedure in the event of a violent or 
suspicious death, especially that of a police officer, Yeakey's car was 
never dusted for prints. "And the next day, they gave us the damn car!" 
said Mrs. Jarrahi. "It was full of blood." 
When Yeakey's Brother-in-Law, Glenn Jones, inspected the dead man's car, he 
discovered a bloody knife stashed underneath the glove compartment. Yet 
according to the responding officer, Yeakey had apparently used a razor 
blade. Where did the knife come from? Since no forensic investigation was 
conducted, this remains unclear. 
No autopsy was ever conducted. 
"There were common sense things that were wrong about the whole thing, that 
makes it so weird," added Mrs. Jarrahi. "It just doesn't seem right. Why 
would policemen and the authorities make such common mistakes that would 
leave questions? It's just really weird." 
If Yeakey's death was a suicide, he left no note. Although he was upset 
over his divorce, according to the family, he was not suicidal. It is also 
unlikely that he abused drugs, as he was an instructor at DARE, a program 
designed to keep children off drugs. 
Former Canadian County Sheriff Clint Boehler, who claims to have known 
Yeakey, doesn't concur with this analysis. Boehler said that Yeakey showed 
up at his house in El Reno on the afternoon of his death, his car stopped 
at an angle in the middle of the road. When Boehler and his girlfriend Kate 
Allen, a paramedic, ran outside, they found the police officer virtually 
passed out. 
"He couldn't tell us his name initially," said Allen. "He was ill, and he 
was very anxious. His heart rate was rapid; he was sweaty.... He told us he 
had been having concentration problems, he hadn't slept. He had all the 
appearances, my first guess would be, of someone who was having emotional 
problems. And my second guess would be, of some kind of substance abuse 
problem. But that's a pure guess." 
Boehler added that Yeakey said he hadn't eaten, and was "throwing up, 
taking medication, and incoherent. "He was taking medications for his 
back," said Boehler. "He had four or five medications in the car." 
"We tried to get him to go to the hospital," said Allen. "We tried 
desperately to talk him into that. As I understand, the deputy took him to 
his sister's house because he refused to go to the hospital." 
After Canadian County deputies took Yeakey away, relatives came and drove 
his car home. "That night," according to Boehler, "he went out the window." 
Boehler's account jives with what Yeakey's sister, Vicki, said. She told 
her mother that Terry seemed exhausted that evening. She had tried to give 
him some soup, but he had thrown it up. Late that night, after a nap, they 
found him in the kitchen looking for his keys. According to Mrs. Jarrahi, 
Terry told his brother-in-law, "Glenn, I need to go. I'm fine." 
Vicki then called Mrs. Jarrahi and said, "Mom, I can't worry about Terry... 
there's nothing we can do," and went back to sleep. The next day Vicki 
called her mother up screaming. Terry had been found dead. [5] 
"Basically they just let him go," said Boehler. "We told those people he 
needed help.... We knew he was suicidal. He had all the classic symptoms." 
However, what Boehler and Allen didn't know was that Yeakey had Sickle-Cell 
Anemia-a blood-sugar-related condition that caused seizures. It was these 
seizures, Rivera explained, that would occasionally cause her ex-husband to 
act "out-of-sorts," or even to slip into unconsciousness. 
In spite of his medical condition, Rivera insisted that Terrance Yeakey was 
a health fanatic. The prescriptions were for his condition, she said, but 
he used only the minimum amounts. 
According to Canadian County Sheriff Deputy Mike Ramsey (no relation to 
OCPD Officer Jim Ramsey), who drove Yeakey home, Yeakey was not suicidal. 
"He didn't give me any indications that he was out to do harm to himself," 
said Ramsey. "He seemed more disoriented, tired..."[6] 
There are many things about Officer Yeakey's death that remain a mystery. 
While Boehler described a man on drugs, the Medical Examiner claims they 
didn't bother to conduct a drug test because it "costs too much." [7] 
The ME's field investigator, Jeffrey Legg, also reported that Yeakey "had 
been drinking heavily" the day before, based on statements made by OCPD 
Homicide Detectives Dicus and Mullinex. Yet Terrance Yeakey didn't drink, 
and their own report concluded that there was no alcohol in the body at the 
time of death. [8] 
The OCPD also warned Mrs. Jarrahi not to come down to the crime scene; they 
would pick her up. "They said, 'Promise us you won't come. If you promise 
us you won't come, we'll send a car for you,'" recalled Mrs. Jarrahi. 
But the police didn't arrive until one o'clock in the morning, seven hours 
after the body had been found. "I said, 'You didn't give anybody the 
opportunity to see the crime scene?!'" Mrs. Jarrahi exclaimed. "They said, 
'Well, he's a police officer and we have that right.' I said, 'I brought 
him into the world, and no, you don't have that right.'" 
Canadian County Sheriffs discovered the abandoned car, filled with blood, 
about two and-a-half miles from the old El Reno reformatory. The OCPD was 
notified, and Police Chief Sam Gonazles flew out by chopper. Using dogs, 
they followed a trail of blood, and found the body in a ditch, about a mile 
and-a-half from the car. (Legg reported the body was 1/2 mile south of the 
car, when in fact it was 1 1/2 miles north-east of the car.) 
Apparently Yeakey had tried to cut himself in the wrists, neck, and throat, 
then, after losing approximately two pints of blood, got out of his car 
(contentiously remembering to lock the doors), walked a mile and-a-half 
over rough terrain, crawled under a barbed-wire fence, waded through a 
culvert, then lay down in a ditch and shot himself in the head.[9] 
As is this weren't strange enough, Yeakey's diet-related condition would 
have made him too weak to walk the mile and-a-half from his car to where 
his body was found-especially after losing two to three pints of blood. 
Nevertheless, the OCPD ruled it a suicide on the spot. Their investigation 
remained sealed. This reporter was unable to obtain it, and not even the 
family was allowed to see it. 
"There were so many things that were weird," said Mrs. Jarrahi. "My 
daughter kept going back to the Police Department. She said, 'Well what 
about this... we knew he had a camcorder, we knew he had a briefcase...' 
"These are things we never got back. The kid always carried camera and 
film. [He] never went anywhere without his camera and briefcase. He had all 
his important papers in there.... We got the camera back. We never got the 
film back. We never got the briefcase. They said they never saw it...." 
In regards to Yeakey's videos, Detective Mullinex, who "investigated" the 
case for the OCPD, told Vicki Jones, "I really don't think you'll want to 
see those; they contain pornography." Jones didn't believe him and didn't 
care. "I want those tapes!" she demanded. 
The Homicide detective finally told her she'd get them back after they had 
"examined the evidence." 
 "One minute the guy would say he had them," said Jones, "the next minute 
he'd say 'we don't have anything....'" 
According to Jones, Mullinex then said, "Now, we all loved Terry. I hope 
you understand that, but I'm not going to let you see any pictures. And I 
don't know anything about a briefcase, but if there's anything back there, 
I'll give you a call, and you can come back and get them." 
"And I just sat there and looked at him, and said to myself, 'You're doing 
a great performance, but it's not working....' Then he got really uptight and 
said, 'Well, some of us hated Terry.' [Then] he kind of grabbed his face 
and said 'oh shit.'" 
For his part, Mullinex had "no comment either way." He then told me, "I 
don't remember what I said to the lady, but I certainly was not rude to 
her.... This comes as a big shock to me, because he was a police officer and 
a friend of mine. It was a hard thing and hurt me to have to work it." 
Cpt. Carlton likewise feigned shock at Jones' rebuffs, and said he would 
have to know who the officer was who made those statements. He then asked 
me to have the family contact the OCPD directly (as though they hadn't 
already done so numerous times), and he would meet with them and discuss 
the case, but that Cpt. Danny Cockran, Chief of the Homicide Squad, would 
have to make the decision about whether or not to let the family see the 
Yet Carlton's statements fly in the face of the experiences of not only 
Yeakey's mother and sister, but those of his ex-wife. In a letter to Police 
Chief Sam Gonzales dated September 4, 1996, Rivera writes: 
Needless to say, I have many questions regarding the investigation. What 
type of weapon was used to inflict the gunshot wound to his head? Who 
located the body? How could the cause of death be determined with such 
confidence with the multitude of injuries to his body and how did he walk 
the distance indicated in People magazine with the great loss of blood from 
razor cuts not only to both wrists, but both his forearms as well as two 
razor cuts to his neck? Not only did he walk this distance, but he 
struggled with bobwire fencing to reach his chosen destination to die then 
inflicted the gunshot wound to himself? I request that a copy of the 
investigative report of his death be made available to me. 
Gonzales didn't respond. 
Police officials eventually responded to Vicki Jones' complaints by telling 
her she needed to see a psychiatrist. "They said, 'We're just trying to 
protect you.'" 
Exactly what were they trying to protect her from? When I called Mrs. 
Jarrahi, the telltale signs of a tapped phone were clearly present. If 
Terrance Yeakey's death was a simple suicide, why would law-enforcement 
agencies be tapping the family's phones? 
The OCPD soon began conducting surveillance on the dead man's family. 
"There was always an officer out there in front of our apartment," said 
Jones. Anywhere we went, we had an officer or someone in a marked car 
following us around. It started right after I started going to the Police 
Department quite a bit." 
They also tailed Rivera. When she confronted the officers, they ignored 
her, hid their faces, or sped off. Cars were parked outside her childrens' 
school. When she spoke to school officials about the surveillance one 
afternoon, she went to work startled to find the conversation on her office 
answering machine! Rivera had spoken to the school principal in person. How 
did the conversation wind up on her answering machine? [10] 
The harassment against Officer Yeakey's family wasn't limited to mere 
surveillance. After Rivera met with State Representative Charles Key, her 
car was broken into. Her house was broken into twice. 
She finally moved to Enid when the heat became too hot. "I lived in an 
apartment on the third floor with a security alarm in it," said Rivera. 
"I'd come home and the alarm would be off. I'd notice things out of place. 
There'd be cabinets open that I'd have no reason to have opened." 
About two weeks after Terry's death, Rivera went downstairs around 6:30 one 
morning to do some laundry, "and there was a man downstairs with huge 
headphones on, at 6:30 in the morning, right behind my apartment...." 
The individual, who was wearing a jogging suit-wasn't jogging, and was not 
doing laundry. "He looked startled when I came around the corner," said 
Rivera. "I came back down at 8:30 and the guy was still there." 
It appears that what Rivera was describing was an audio technician with a 
"Shotgun Mic," a portable surveillance tool designed to pick up 
conversations through windows and across fields. They are commonly used by 
private detectives and law-enforcement agencies. 
One day Rivera came home to find her front door open and off its hinges. 
When the frightened single mother walked into her bedroom, she found a 
balloon tied to her door. It read: "Get well soon. This will keep you busy 
until you do." [11] 
It seems the OCPD and the FBI thought that Officer Yeakey had passed off 
some incriminating documents concerning the bombing cover-up to his 
ex-wife, and were intent on obtaining the documents. 
The surveillance, break-ins, and thinly-veiled threats soon escalated into 
more serious incidents. Right before Yeakey's murder, the couple's Ford 
Explorer began getting mysterious flats. "And when I'd roll it into a 
shop," said Rivera, "they'd pull out like six or seven nails." This 
occurred between eight and ten times, she claims. 
Rivera explained that once during a quarrel, Terry had removed some fuses 
from her car to keep her from leaving. The police knew about the incident, 
said Rivera, who thought the subsequent events were created by the OCPD to 
sow mistrust and provide a convenient trail of evidence to prove that 
Yeakey led a troubled family life. Yet while Yeakey admitted to removing 
the fuses, he repeatedly and adamantly denied that he had damaged the car-a 
car that was registered in his name and carried his cherished children to 
and from school. 
On April 24, two weeks before he was found murdered, the Explorer began 
acting strangely. When Rivera pulled it into the local Aamco Transmission 
Center, she found that it had been tampered with. "Somebody who knew what 
they were doing pulled hoses from you car," said Todd Taylor, the chief 
mechanic. "I'm sorry to tell this ma'am, but this is not just something you 
can pull randomly...." Taylor also said he though Rivera's brakes had been 
tampered with. [12] 
About two weeks before this story went to press, the Ford's brakes went out 
suddenly while Rivera was traveling at 40 mph. "I went to brake," said 
Rivera, "and guess what? No brakes!" The large 4 X 4 slammed into the back 
of smaller car, damaging it badly.  "The message is 'we can get to you if 
we want to,'" she concluded. 
Officer [Jim] Ramsey also began making his presence felt. "All of the 
sudden, when we moved to Oklahoma City [from El Reno]," said Jones, "there 
was Ramsey. When we joined a new church, Ramsey was there. Ramsey was 
everywhere. You turn the corner, there was Ramsey.... Everything we did, he 
was like the helpful old guy. This went on for two months." 
"He was keeping tabs on everyone," added Rivera. "He was showing up in a 
lot of places... just casually, in fact, places where he knew that people 
knew me just as well as they knew Terry, and weren't buying into the 'it's 
Tonia's fault' routine. 
"[Ramsey] tried to claim it was his ex-wife and love for his children he 
couldn't see that made him commit suicide," she added. He would talk to her 
friends. "'How's she taking it? What does she think, blah, blah, blah.'" 
Both Rivera and Jones feel the OCPD officer was sent to "baby-sit" them-to 
maintain an ever-present watchful eye. "[When he showed up]," Jones said, 
"I looked at him and said, that is not a friend of Terry's. He was never at 
the house. I never met him before." 
Ramsey, who told People magazine that Yeakey was his "dear friend," also 
told the press that he was Terry's partner. 
"That was a lie," declared Jones. 
Rivera concurred. The ex-wife said that not only was Ramsey never Yeakey's 
partner, but that the two men didn't even get along. "Terry hated Jim 
Ramsey," said Rivera. "He put on a real good performance," she added. "He's 
hiding something, I believe.... It burns me up." [13] 
For his performance, Ramsey was promoted to Detective, and made "Officer of 
the Year." 
If Terrance Yeakey did have many friends in the Police Department, they 
were among the beat patrolmen, not the upper echelon. While Detective 
Mullinex said everybody "loved Terry," according to Rivera, the brass 
"hated his guts." "Him and [Maj.] Upchurch had a hate-hate relationship," 
she said. 
For his part, Mullinex claims he was "totally unaware" of any problems 
Yeakey was having in regards to what he knew about the bombing. "It is my 
opinion as a fourteen-year homicide veteran that it was a suicide," said 
Mullinex.... If we thought it was anything [other than a suicide] we would 
have pursued it to the ends of the earth. We're not hiding anything." [14] 
According to Rivera, three government sources, including a U.S. Attorney 
and a U.S. Marshal, hold a slightly different view. As relayed by Rivera, 
the events on the morning of Officer Yeakey's death transpired as follows: 
At 9:00 a.m., Officer Yeakey was seen exiting his Oklahoma City apartment 
with nine boxes of videos and files. He then drove to the police station 
where he had a fight with his supervisors. 
He was told to "drop it" or he'd "wind up dead." 
Yeakey was also due for a meeting with the heads of several federal 
agencies that morning. He apparently decided to skip the meetings, instead, 
driving straight to a storage locker he maintained in Kingfisher. 
What he didn't realize was that the FBI had him under surveillance, and 
began pursuit. The six-year OCPD veteran and former Sheriff's Deputy easily 
eluded his pursuers. Once at his storage facility, he secured his files. 
What were in the files? According to one of Rivera's sources, incriminating 
photos and videos of the bombed-out building. Perhaps more. 
On the way back, the feds caught up with him just outside of El Reno. "He 
had nothing on him," at that point, said Rivera, "just copies of copies." 
While it is not known exactly what transpired next, Rivera's confidential 
source "described in intimate detail," the state of the dead man's car. The 
seats had been completely unbolted, the floor-boards ripped up, and the 
side panels removed, all in an apparent effort to find the incriminating 
There were also burn marks on the floor. Apparently, the killers had used 
Yeakey's car to destroy what little evidence they had discovered. Exactly 
what happened after Yeakey was stopped, and in what order, only his 
murderers know for sure. [15] 
At approximately 6:00 p.m. that evening, Canadian County Deputy Sheriff 
Mike Ramsey was cruising the area near the old El Reno reformatory when he 
noticed an abandoned vehicle in a field. "Immediately [the] hair stood up 
on the back of my neck," said the deputy. Ramsey came upon the empty car 
which he immediately recognized as Yeakey's. There was blood on both seats, 
and a razor blade lying on the dash. Yeakey was nowhere to be found. 
The deputy immediately called for a homicide investigator, and taped off 
the scene. It wasn't until several hours later that police dogs finally 
located Yeakey's body in a ditch, a mile and-a-half away. [16] 
While it was a macabre scene, the Oklahoma City Medical Examiner's report 
was even more gruesome. The report released from the Medical Examiner 
described numerous "superficial" lacerations on the wrists, arms, throat, 
and neck, and a single bullet wound to the right temple. 
The report also showed another curious thing. The bullet had entered just 
above and in front of the right ear, and had exited towards the bottom of 
the left ear. Apparently, whoever held the gun held it at a downward angle. 
A person shooting themself would tend to hold the gun at an upward angle, 
or at the most, level. It would rather difficult for a large, muscle-bound 
man like Yeakey to hold a heavy service revolver or other large caliber 
weapon at a downward angle to their head. 
While it is true that a slug can alter its trajectory once inside the 
skull, a pathologist in the San Francisco Medical Examiner's office told me 
that a 9mm or other large caliber weapon-the type commonly used by police 
officers-usually tends to travel in a straight line. 
But perhaps the most revealing evidence was that the wound did not have a 
"Stellat," the tell-tale star shape caused by the dissipating gases from 
the gun's muzzle. At the close range of a suicide weapon, such markings 
would clearly be present, unless of course... the shooter used a silencer. [17] 
While Dr. Larry Balding, Oklahoma City's Chief Medical Examiner, quickly 
ruled the death a "suicide," another Medical Examiner's report would, 
according to Rivera, surface like an eerie, prescient message from the 
grave. This other report, quickly redacted and hidden from public view, 
showed a face that was bruised and swollen; blood on the body and clothes 
that was not the dead man's blood type; and multiple deep lacerations 
filled with grass and dirt, as though the body had been dragged a distance. 
Yet according to Rivera, Maj. Upchurch denied that Yeakey's throat was 
slashed at all. She was later told by a sympathetic police dispatcher that 
his throat was indeed slashed-deeply. 
Dr. Larry Balding, who signed off on the Yeakey report, is adament. "I can 
tell you unequivably and without a doubt that there was no other ME 
Yet while attending a social function, Rivera claims her sister had a 
chance encounter with the mortician who worked on Yeakey's body. She was 
discussing the strange inconsistencies of his death with someone at the 
party, when the mortician, not knowing the woman was Rivera's sister, spoke 
up. "That sounds just like a police officer we worked on in Oklahoma City," 
he said. When asked if that man happened to be Terrance Yeakey, the 
mortician "freaked." 
When pressed, he told the shocked relative that the dead man's wrists 
contained rope burns and handcuff marks.  A former FBI agent and police 
officer, the mortician said that Yeakey's lacerations were already sewn up 
when the body arrived from the Medical Examiner's office. Dr. Balding's 
response to this was that the marks were merely "skin slippage," resulting 
from the natural decomposition of the body. 
Yet stranger still, the body was not supposed to go to this particular 
funeral home at all, but to one in Watonga. While the OCPD was supposed to 
pay the expenses of the funeral, no funds were ever allocated, according to 
Rivera. "Vicki had to pay off the burial to Russ Worm [Funeral Home]. So I 
wonder if we paid somebody off to do the job."[18] 
Was that job to clean up Yeakey so that his manner of death wouldn't appear 
This incident is similar to the murder of President Kennedy, whose body was 
taken to Bethesda Naval Hospital instead of being examined by the Dallas 
Medical Examiner as is standard procedure. Once there, military 
pathologists and those controlling them were able to skew their findings to 
the satisfaction of the murderers. The chief pathologist burned his notes, 
and years later, when researchers went to examine Kennedy's brain, it was 
found missing from the National Archives. 
Apparently, Terrance Yeakey's murderers and those covering up his death had 
not counted on this particular mortician's testimony. 
Was Terrance Yeakey tortured? Was he murdered, then made to look like a 
suicide? Did he know something he wasn't supposed to know, or was he simply 
despondent over life's circumstances? 
Said friend Kimberly Cruz, "I don't believe he would have done something 
like that. He was always happy and joking a lot." 
If the officer was bent on taking his life, it would appear strange, since 
he had spent most of the previous month taking entrance exams for the FBI. 
Yeakey and best friend Barry McCrary were looking forward to becoming FBI 
agents. Perhaps if he had known the role that the FBI played in the 
bombing, perhaps even in his own death, he would have changed careers. 
Like Dr. Don Chumley, Terrance Yeakey was one of the first rescuers in the 
Murrah Building on April 19. Had he seen something he wasn't supposed to 
see? Had he heard something he wasn't supposed to hear? 
One afternoon, while the family was at Police Headquarters, an officer who 
Rivera described as Yeakey's "only true friend," pulled them off to the 
side, and whispered "They killed him." [19] 
Perhaps the events on the morning of May 8 provide a clue as to who "they" are. 
Yet Rivera's sources have warned away her from pursuing an independent 
investigation. They said, "two U.S. Senators would go down" if she pursued 
it. One of them reportedly old Rivera he wouldn't pursue it "even if his 
own mother was in the ground." 
Yet Tonia Rivera, a gutsy and intelligent woman, isn't easily frightened. 
The rest of the family is. And all believe he was murdered. Several police 
officers I spoke with believe the same thing. Said a relative of a 
just-retired FBI agent who is familiar with the case, "I had a gut feeling 
he was murdered."[20] 
Oklahoma's Chief Medical Examiner, Dr. Fred Jordan, doesn't agree. "People 
tend to weave some intriguing tales regarding suicides," said Jordan. 
"You'd be amazed at some of the tales people come up with." 
Others, like Clint Boehler, take a slightly different tact. "[Yeakey] was 
always trying to be tough and macho," said Boehler, "but he was really the 
other way. He was supposed to always do the manly thing, but it really 
wasn't what he wanted to do.... He was really a gentle type person."[21] 
"He was a sensitive person," said Rivera. "He got into [police work] 
because he really cared... about people. He couldn't have turned his head to 
Maybe Officer Terrance Yeakey was too gentle and caring for his own good. 
Maybe still, Officer Terrance Yeakey was murdered. 
[1] Paul Queary "Oklahoma Hero Commits Suicide," Associated Press, 5/13/96. 
[2]  According to Rivera, the recalcitrant police officer was forced into 
making a public service announcement with Governor Keating. "He was told 
he'd make that or he was fired," said Rivera. The officer they sent to 
Washington to accept an award on behalf of the OCPD, he told Rivera, wasn't 
even at the site! 
[3] Yeakey was also angry because he couldn't get access to his own report 
about the bombing (which numbered between 9-10 pages). "He was in a 
full-fledged rampage over the report," said Rivera, whom he wouldn't even 
show it to. 
[4] Cpt. Ted Carlton, interview with author. 
[5] Almar Jarrahi, interview with author. 
[6] Interestingly, Yeakey's superiors, Major Upchurch and Lt. Randall, 
according to Rivera, were claiming Yeakey was "delusional" from the back 
injury he sustained during his fall in the Murrah Building on April 19. 
[7] Oklahoma City Medical Examiner's Report, copy in author's possession; 
Dr. Larry Balding and Dr. Fred Jordan, interview with author. They said the 
drug test costs between $400 and $500 dollars. 
[8] Report of ME investigator Jeffrey A. Legg, CME-1 Report, copy in 
author's possession. 
[9] Several Medical Examiners explained that it is not uncommon for an 
individual to attempt suicide by one method, then continue to take 
additional measures until they are dead. San Francisco's ME told me about a 
man who, upon discovering he had AIDS, tried to hang himself, then threw 
himself off the balcony. Perhaps Terrance Yeakey was not satisfied with his 
alleged attempts to slash himself. As Dr. Fred Jordan, Oklahoma's Chief 
Medical Examiner explained, "It hurts, and nothing much is happening." 
[10] This was verified by school officials. 
[11] The harassment and surveillance on Rivera and the rest of the family was 
confirmed by Vicki Jones, and her husband, Reverend Glenn Jones. Reverend 
Jones told me that Rivera had come to them several times "frantic" that she 
was being tailed and harassed. Vicki saw evidence of the break-ins at 
Rivera's apartment. 
[12] Taylor recalled the incident for this author. "There's only a few times 
in my life that I remember that somebody had done something weird like 
that, and that's why I wrote it down." 
[13] Tonia-Rivera Yeakey, interview with author. They had at one time been 
friends, she explained, but had a falling-out in 1992, and had remained 
apart ever since.  Rivera attempted to hire an attorney to bring a Slander 
suit against Jim Ramsey, based on the false allegations of his death. No 
local attorney would accept it. 
[14] OKPD Detective Mullinex, interview with author. 
[15]  Regarding Rivera's source, she claimed he knew things about her that no 
one could possibly have known. "He sat there and told me about stuff I 
hadn't told anybody," which included break-ins at her apartment. 
[16] Officer Mike Ramsey, interview with author. 
[17] This finding is based on the testimony of a former police officer and 
Marine sniper. 
[18] This funeral home, curiously enough, has been mixed up in some rather 
strange incidents. 
[19] The author knows the name of this individual, but cannot release it at 
this time. 
[20] Terry's best friend Barry McCrary attended the funeral, sat with the 
family for several minutes without saying a word, then took off for Texas. 
He has not been seen or heard from since, according to Rivera. 
[21] Interestingly, Boehler also backed the "accident" version of Dr. Don 
Chumley's death, which came up in our conversation. 
David Hoffman, Publisher 
Haight Ashbury Free Press 
6118 N. Meridian, #621 
Oklahoma City, OK 73112 
http://www.webcom.com/haight site down 
(405) 948-1330 (temorarily in Oklahoma City) 
For list service help, send a message to okcbomb-request@mars.galstar.com  with a subject of HELP. 

cop-car.gif (5609 bytes)


[APFN] The Terrance (Terry) Yeakey Incident
Terrance (Terry) Yeakey was a courageous young black
Oklahoma City police officer who was on duty near the
 Murrah Building the morning of that building's bombing.
 Officer Yeakey entered the bombed out Murrah building
 and saw things that apparently caused him to be murdered.
 The hideous details are within these audio tapes, an interview
with Terrance Yeakey's wife:
(Real Player)
Part 1
Part 2


<Back to Oklahoma City Bombing Cover-Up

Subscribe to apfn-1
chooser.gif (706373 bytes)
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

American Patriot Friends Network

"....a network of net workers...."

Without Justice, there is JUST_US!

APFN Message Board

APFN Sitemap

APFN Contents Page

APFN Home Page

mailbox1-a0.gif (1700 bytes)

Email: apfn@apfn.org

Last updated 03/05/2013