M.L. King Murder A Government Plot

MLKing.jpg (12956 bytes)    



The Assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.

 Caruthersville.gif (23243 bytes)       

Caruthersville, Missouri


"M.L. King Murder A Government Plot,"
  Says Former CIA Participant. "I was part of it."
  "Raoul" Identified as FBI Agent

  by Pat Shannan - shannapat@worldnet.att.net

  New evidence has surfaced in the 1968 Martin Luther King murder case. It is
  supplied by an "insider" who claims to have been part of a "hit team" that
  had come out of the "Missouri Mafia" headquartered in the town of
  Caruthersville, a small town in the bootheel section of that state. In a
  yet-to-be-published book, former County Deputy Jim Green reveals his assigned
  role in the conspiracy, the name of the actual trigger man, and the
  long-suspected involvement of J. Edgar Hoover and the FBI. Green also
  believes that he possesses the actual murder weapon, which he personally
  secreted away only hours after the murder.

  "Jim Green is telling the truth," says Lyndon Barsten, an astute researcher
  of the case over the past decade. "I have no doubt whatsoever. The pieces he
  has supplied fit perfectly and could not have come from someone who was not
  there." Indeed they do fit, and it is all backed up by FBI documentation
  derived by Barsten through numerous FOIA requests.

  On April 4, 1968, Dr. Martin Luther King was gunned down on the second floor
  balcony of the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, Tennessee by a single shot from a
  high powered rifle. Several witnesses said the shot came from the bushes on a
  slope from across the street. The FBI concluded that it came from the rear
  bathroom window of a cheap hotel, also across the street and higher up the

  Two weeks later the name of James Earl Ray, a fugitive escapee from the
  Missouri State Penitentiary, was announced to the world as the man who had
  killed King, escaped to Canada, and was currently in hiding somewhere across
  the border. After Ray was identified as the killer and long before he was
  captured, the FBI spent little or no time pursuing any other leads. Two
  months later the fugitive was caught changing planes at Heathrow Airport in
  London, after having left Canada and spending ten days with persons unknown
  in Portugal. He was attempting to board a plane to Brussels.

  On March 10, 1969, James Earl Ray, with his attorney Percy Foreman, pled
  guilty to the murder before the court of Judge Preston Battle. He was
  sentenced to 99 years in prison. He recanted almost immediately and filed a
  motion for a trial only three days later. But before the month was out, Judge
  Battle was found dead in his chambers, slumped over his desk. Beneath his
  head were the papers of the handwritten motion from James Earl Ray. The case
  was closed, and Ray began his sentence in the Tennessee State Penitentiary.

  The "Official" Story

  The scenario released by Memphis police and the FBI and later used by the
  House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) was that in late March of
  1968, James Earl Ray had purchased a Remington 30.06 rifle from the
  Aeromarine Supply Store in Birmingham and had traveled with it to Memphis in
  a white Mustang. Here he checked into Bessie Brewer's boarding house in the
  400 block of South Main Street on the afternoon of April 4th. Directly behind
  it was the Lorraine Motel on Mulberry Street.

  At 6:00 p.m. Martin L. King stepped out of room 306 and was joined by a group
  of followers with whom he had been in a meeting all afternoon. He was gunned
  down only a minute later by a single shot from the rear bathroom window
  across the street.

  Not one witness saw the actual firing of the shot or claimed it had come from
  the window. Most believed it had come from the bushes on the slope, fifty
  feet closer.

  Still according to the official story, Ray allegedly ran out of the bathroom
  and down the hall to his room. Here he stuffed the rifle back into its box
  and included it with a bundle containing his clothes, binoculars, ammunition,
  a beer can with his fingerprints; and perhaps the most incriminating of all,
  a portable radio with his inmate number from the Missouri State Penitentiary
  engraved in the back side.

  He ran down the stairs and out onto the street where he then dumped the
  bundle in the doorway of Canipe's Amusement Company next door to the rooming
  house. He then zoomed away in the soon-to-be-infamous white Mustang. He
  stayed a few days in Atlanta before moving on to Canada.

  James Earl's Version

  In 1987, after being imprisoned for 19 years, Ray told his side of the story
  in Tennessee Waltz, a book that went out of print and was later published
  under the title of Who Killed Martin Luther King? (The biggest loss here was
  original publisher Tupper Saussy's brilliant epilogue, "The Politics of
  Witchcraft," which exposed certain secrets that the establishment publishers
  preferred not to discuss. Under the new title the epilogue was eliminated.)
  However, he appeared be avoiding "the whole truth and nothing but the truth"
  in certain areas, apparently out of fear of self-incrimination - not
  necessarily for the murder but for some lesser crimes. It also appears that
  James became aware too late that he had indeed been unwittingly involved in
  the conspiracy to assassinate Martin Luther King.

  Ray tells of his prison escape via a bread truck in April of 1967. After
  laying low in East St. Louis for a couple of months, he made it to Chicago
  where he looked up some old contacts that enabled him to purchase an old
  Chrysler for $100. From there he went to Detroit and crossed the border into
  Canada. In July, he met a man he knew only as "Raoul," who quickly began to
  give James money in exchange for his help with importing some kind of
  contraband. James said he never knew if this was guns, drugs, or what, as he
  never actually participated in anything more than trial runs. Raoul always
  seemed to remain in the "planning" stages of a smuggling operation.

  Ray had a contact phone number in the Area Code of "504," where he had phoned
  his contact, "Raoul," many times over the months prior to the murder.
  However, when he tried to dial this New Orleans number on the day after the
  assassination, it was already disconnected.

  Through Raoul, James was kept supplied with money to go to Mexico to wait for
  instructions and to Los Angeles to see a plastic surgeon for a "nose job,"
  effectuating a change in his appearance. He never worked at a job in any of
  this time frame prior to the assassination and was obviously under the
  financial control of Raoul. James was traveling in a 1966 pale yellow Mustang
  (not white as were the others), purchased with $2,000 supplied by Raoul.

  James always claimed he had acquired the names of his aliases at random from
  a Toronto phone book. He bought the gun in Birmingham under the name of
  "Harvey Lowmeyer," checked into the Memphis flophouse as "John Willard,"
  acquired an Alabama driver's license as "Eric S. Galt," and traveled to
  Europe on a passport as Ramon George Sneyd. However, all four, for which he
  [or someone] had created I.D., looked very much like Ray. The odds of these
  being a random choice were just short of impossible. It also is likely that
  the Los Angeles plastic surgery rounding out his previously pointed nose was
  designed to make him look more like these men, none of whom knew they were
  being impersonated.

  In February of 1968, Raoul sent travel funds to James in Los Angeles and
  ordered him back to New Orleans. >From there the two drove together to
  Atlanta. In late March, James says that Raoul was making plans for them to
  drive to Miami but these plans abruptly changed around March 29th. They were
  now going to Memphis.

  It was on or about this date that MLK had cancelled a planned speaking
  engagement in Miami in order to fly to Memphis and tend to the problems with
  the garbage strike. It now seems that Raoul had this information before
  anyone else.

  En route they spent the first night in Birmingham. After checking into a
  motel, Raoul gave James a wad of money and sent him to the Aeromarine Supply
  Store to purchase a "deer rifle for your brother-in-law." Having little
  knowledge of weaponry, James bought what he thought was appropriate and
  returned with a .243 caliber Winchester. Raoul immediately decided he didn't
  like it and sent James back to the store the next morning to exchange it for
  another with a "larger bore."

  The salesman told James, "Tell your brother-in-law that this gun will bring
  down any deer in Alabama!" But he did agree to exchange it for the higher
  priced Remington 30.06. After his incarceration, James was always certain
  that real purpose of this instructed return to the gun store was simply
  another part of the "set-up" to make sure that the salesman would not forget

  In Memphis on April 4th, the afternoon of the murder, Raoul had suggested
  that James go to a movie, but James declined. After several tries at getting
  rid of James for awhile, Raoul finally sent him on an errand only minutes
  before King was shot. James said that he was going to get the worn tires
  changed on the Mustang but that the man at the tire store was too busy and
  could not get to it that day. When James returned to the flophouse/Lorraine
  Motel location, it was surrounded by police cars with flashing lights, and he
  decided it would be prudent to leave the area, as it certainly was not a
  place for an escaped con to hanging around.

  Ray was very vague about this time frame, and it may be assumed, again, that
  he did not want to admit to having backed out of a planned armed robbery,
  which appears below. To do so might have led to too many questions about his
  foreknowledge of the murder about to take place and exposed his (assumed)
  role - that of getaway driver. We must remember that while in prison, Ray was
  extremely vulnerable.

  It was while he was driving south on U.S. Highway 61 into Mississippi that
  James heard the news on the radio that Martin Luther King had been shot. He
  then turned east and headed back to Atlanta. James was always vague about the
  details of his return trip to Canada and the contacts he made there prior to
  his flight to Europe - often appearing to be protecting others.

  In Tennessee Waltz, Ray told a chilling story of harassment and torture,
  describing his treatment in the Shelby County Jail, which sounded as if he
  were relating experiences from the Soviet Union rather than America. He was
  kept under floodlights 24 hours a day for eight solid months prior to his
  guilty plea, never knowing if it was day or night outside. His cell was
  "bugged," and two deputies were monitoring and recording every conversation -
  even those purported sacrosanct exchanges between client and attorney. Tired
  and weakened by the strain, Ray was finally coerced into a guilty plea by his
  attorney, to whom he referred for the rest of his life as "Percy

  New Pieces To The Puzzle

  Over the years Jim Green's Federal Intelligence connections have become
  legendary in his hometown of Caruthersville, Missouri. "He's untouchable," or
  "He can't be arrested, the feds just walk him out of jail, everybody knows
  that." But now one must assume that the Untouchable is fast becoming anathema
  to his former handlers. Jim has had an attack of conscience and is talking!

  "I hope to change a lie in history to the truth about that day in Memphis,"
  says Green, 54, a reformed "bad boy" who spent the first half of his life as
  a teenage runaway, moonshine runner, and car thief. The last half was spent
  in law enforcement, raising children, teaching school, and coaching football
  - along with occasional undercover work. His only source of income today is a
  social security disability check. Since coming forward with his story, he has
  refused all offers of any work involving government covert action, for fear
  of being "set up" and/or killed.

  On December 3, 1998, he spent six hours with MLK's son Dexter King, Rev.
  James Lawson, and William Pepper (Ray's attorney and author of Orders to
  Kill, a semi-accurate compilation of facts and conjecture describing the
  government's involvement in the King assassination).

  "At this meeting, I cleared my soul telling Dexter of my involvement on the
  day of his father's death," says Green. "I knew there would be many more
  questions to come, and that's when I decided to put my story in writing."

  He calls his book, Blood and Dishonor on a Badge of Honor, and when he put it
  up on the internet two years ago, it caught the attention of Lyndon Barsten
  on Minneapolis. Barsten decided to check Green's story against the known
  facts as well as the suppressed information uncovered by him and others over
  the years. He was astounded. Everything fit. Green knew details that could
  only have been known by someone who was there, and the FBI documentation
  acquired by Barsten substantiated his story. Some of these papers show that
  the FBI had been constantly tracking James Earl Ray and had knowledge of his
  whereabouts during most of the year he was an escaped convict. Both Green and
  Barston believe that the FBI was instrumental in Ray's "escape" from the
  Missouri State Penitentiary in April of 1967 for the sole purpose of setting
  him up as a "patsy" when the time came.

  "Why else would these reports be in the record?" says Green, "And why would
  they have any files on an escaped con from a state prison?" Indeed. And
  something even more suspicious, why did the FBI not contact the Missouri
  authorities and have Ray picked up? He was under their thumb for some ten
  months. Later investigation showed that the fingerprints sent out by JeffCity
  for "escaped prisoner James Earl Ray" were not really his, ensuring his
  release if he happened to be captured as an escaped felon.

  CIA/Peace Corps

  Jim Green was student at Caruthersville High when he decided that the Peace
  Corps would be an exciting way to see the world. At the tender age of 16, he
  had no way of knowing that this was a major feeding ground of the Central
  Intelligence Agency (he assumes that his school counselor who helped him fill
  out the forms did not either), but this was where the initial contact was

  He was contacted by FBI personnel and given a thorough background check. Then
  a series of interesting and mysterious events began after he was accepted and
  was under the government's control. In a short time this led to the Missouri
  State Pen where he knew James Earl Ray in 1966.

  "I have a good memory, but there are two weeks from this time at Jeff City
  that I can only remember a few hours of," Jim reflects.

  Lyndon Barsten says, "The contacts and methods utilized in the murder of Dr.
  King bear the signature of the CIA, including the probable use of MK-Ultra
  mind control techniques. Parallel psychiatric irregularities at the Missouri
  prison system are described by James Earl Ray and Jim Green, including the
  shocking drugging of inmates which could render the indication of hypnosis
  easier or otherwise enhance its usefulness. It seems highly likely that Jim
  was subjected to psychological assessment and manipulation, the results of
  which directed back to Federal Intelligence Agencies."

  A further series of events led to Jim's early release (effectuated by "Paul,"
  the FBI Agent who became his handler) and a reunion back in Caruthersville
  with Butch Collier, his former partner from the moonshine running days. For
  the next year and a half, Jim and Butch and others ran moonshine and
  delivered hot cars from St. Louis to New Orleans. Both operations were under
  the direction of Paul, who would later show his credentials to Jim and
  identify himself as a FBI Agent. At first Green was concerned about this ("I
  had never known the feds to be crooked!"), but he was assured by others whom
  he trusted that Paul had the power to isolate them from any investigation.
  "Paul's boss is at the top," he was told. Jim took this implication to mean
  none other than J. Edgar Hoover.

  This complicated, sometimes hard-to-follow sequence of activities in Green's
  life is made plainer (especially to those unfamiliar with the facts of the
  MLK murder case) by the frequent interjection of Lyndon Barsten's
  clarification of facts. But at this point, Green and his older (by six years)
  friend, Butch Collier, resumed their lives of crime. Not only would they hot
  wire and snatch individual autos from parking lots and drive them to Memphis,
  but they were also paid $5,000 on occasion to drive an 18-wheeler load of
  several cars from St. Louis to New Orleans for delivery to the Carlos
  Marcello mob. Green says that this was done with full knowledge and
  protection of the FBI.

  ("At this time of my life, the only thing that made me nervous was Paul. His
  being an agent of the FBI didn't fit into my little world at the time. Also,
  I didn't like it because it seemed like Paul was running the show and he was
  an outsider! I guess, at that young age, I just did what I was told. This
  must be why eighteen-year-olds are chosen to fight wars. Most men with
  experience will ask `Why are we here,' and most teenagers will just follow

  April 4, 1968

  Jim Green's story fills in more blanks with logical answers to the previously
  unanswered questions. His assignment, for which he was to be paid $10,000,
  was to kill James Earl Ray. "On the night of April 3rd," Green says, "Paul
  met us in our room. He had a small package which he laid on the bed, he told
  us "there's $5,000 in that package for you and five more when the job is
  done, once James Earl Ray is killed on the fourth."

  Indicative of the compartmentalization of each participant in this textbook
  CIA assassination, Green says that he was not even aware of the total
  operation of which he had been a part until he was back home in
  Caruthersville watching the Ten O'clock News with his father. He would only
  be following orders and believes that he was chosen for this segment because
  he had spent time at JeffCity with Ray and knew what he looked like.

  Jim and his partner, Butch Collier, stalked Ray in the early afternoon after
  they found him at Jim's Cafe - exactly where they had been told they would
  find him. Later Jim climbed to his assigned rooftop position of a dilapidated
  three story office building in the next block south of Bessie Brewer's
  rooming house on Main Street at around 3:30 p.m., armed with a .357 caliber
  rifle. His instructions were to shoot James Earl Ray "after five o'clock" and
  only in the event that John Talley, a Memphis Police Detective, failed.

  The planners did not want to face another Oswald/Tippet-type snafu as in

  James Earl Ray was in the rooming house, and Green observed him come and go
  three or four times during the next two hours. On one of these occasions, Ray
  came outside and stood by the Mustang for several minutes before going back

  This coincides with Ray's story that Raoul kept attempting to get James away
  from the area. It also telegraphs again that Ray was purposefully not telling
  the whole story, apparently being careful not to jeopardize his position of
  "innocent and framed" by admitting planned criminal activity. Green's next
  segment shows us the real plan already in motion to set up Ray. The man that
  Green knew as Paul, the FBI Special Agent, was the same person Ray knew as
  Raoul, who had kept him on a leash for eight months - from Montreal to

  When Ray left the flophouse the final time, at a few minutes before six (King
  would be shot at 6:01), Green knew the instructions from Paul/Raoul had been
  for Ray to first rob Jim's Grill at gunpoint and hurry south on Main Street
  to the Arcade Restaurant. The phony ploy was that they were getting ready to
  travel and would need some quick cash. However, James must have become
  suspicious. When he came out on the street, he did not commit the armed
  robbery nor continue walking down the sidewalk as instructed but climbed into
  the Mustang (James' car was not white, as reported by police and the news
  media, but a pale yellow) and calmly drove north away from the scene. He
  never returned. By this time Butch Collier was stationed in the bushes in
  back of the boarding house and directly across the street from the Lorraine

  It was a fortuitous intuition on the part of Ray. Lingering in the next block
  was Memphis Police Detective John Talley, whose assignment was to kill Ray.
  He was carrying the standard police issue .357 Magnum revolver. Jim Green was
  on the roof of the building across the street and armed with the.357 rifle in
  the event Talley missed or was killed by Ray. Green was the backup in case
  anything went wrong. The caliber would match.

  Remember Dallas in 1963 Re.Oswald and Officer Tippett. Again this is straight
  from the textbook of "Assassinations 101." After the patsy is dead, anything
  can be leaked to the press to demonize him, as it was in both these cases,
  even while each was still alive.

  But when Ray was "spooked" and drove away in the pale yellow Mustang, it
  threw a monkey wrench into the conspirator's plans.

  However, there was a second Mustang that still remained parked on Main
  Street. This one was white and belonged to Joe R. Tipton but was brought to
  Memphis by Jim Green and Butch Collier. They had also brought several rifles,
  which were still in the trunk. Green's instructions were to stay on the
  rooftop until Collier arrived in the parking area at the rear to pick him up.
  At 6:01 p.m., he heard the shot, and only moments later saw Paul and Butch
  emerge one behind the other from the stairway of the flophouse onto the
  street. He saw Paul dump the bundle of evidence into the doorway of Canipe's
  Amusement Company, while Butch was jumping into the driver's seat of the
  white Mustang, and watched as they sped north on Main Street. Paul/Raoul and
  the Memphis Police utilized a third Mustang, also white, as a diversion.

  Suddenly the FBI's folly of the utter stupidity of the alleged assassin (Ray)
  dumping his own incriminating evidence on the street begins to take shape.
  Paul intended to drop it in the back seat of the pale yellow Mustang - Ray's
  - thinking that James Earl had followed instructions and was down the street
  getting killed. Then the FBI would have had its open and shut case. (Ray is
  dead and here is the "murder" weapon found in his car.) But when Paul/Raoul
  is suddenly confronted with the current situation of no Ray car available, he
  frustratingly drops the bundle in the first handy place, and he and Butch
  hightail it up the street in the white Mustang. Jim Green watched all this
  unfold from his secluded rooftop position.

  Butch Collier had just killed Martin Luther King with one shot from the
  bushes on the slope across the street from the Lorraine Motel. He then ran up
  the rear stairs to the second floor and back down the front stairs to Main
  Street. By this time, Paul had run down the hall from the upstairs bathroom
  (where he had watched the shooting) carrying the "plant" rifle purchased in
  Birmingham by Ray in hand. (Paul was seen by other tenants who later said
  this person was not Ray.) He then stuffed it in the bag with the other
  "evidence" and was down the front stairwell only seconds behind Collier.
  Jim Green watched as Butch drove two blocks up the street before pausing to
  drop off Paul at a parked Memphis Police Department squad car. A couple of
  minutes later, Butch was tooting the horn of the Mustang in the parking lot
  behind Jim's three-story perch. Jim came down to join his confederate,
  stashed his rifle in the trunk with the others, and the two men headed for
  the Mississippi River Bridge toward Arkansas. Jim tells of hauling several
  guns to Memphis in the trunk of the Mustang on April 2nd, following the
  instructions of Paul. Butch had removed the one of his choice for the King
  murder earlier the next day, but the other weapons were still in the trunk.

  In Collier's haste to escape the murder scene, he had not bothered to open
  the trunk but had quickly thrown the murder weapon onto the floor behind the
  front seat as he and Paul jumped into the Mustang. When Collier and Green
  crossed the river into Arkansas, they took an immediate turn onto the
  frontage road and headed back down to the riverside. They hurriedly opened
  the trunk and dumped the cache of weapons into the water. Headed up U. S. 61
  and halfway home an hour later, Jim peered into the back seat and noticed the
  rifle on the floor. When he called his partner's attention to it, Butch
  realized that they had failed to dump the most important evidence of all.
  "Well !@#$
," said Collier, we can't drop it here on the side of the highway.
  What do we do with it?' Jim pondered a moment and said, "Never mind. I know a
  friend who will take care of it with no questions asked." Green delivered the
  rifle the next morning to his trusted but unnamed friend in Caruthersville,
  who kept it for 29 years. When he decided to write his book, Green retrieved
  it and has had it stashed in a safe place in another state ever since. The
  rifle has now been tested for ballistics and the results are pending. While
  James Earl Ray was running from the FBI in April, May, and June, he had no
  way of knowing that he was also being pursued by Jim Green and Butch Collier
  as well - although he may have suspected it. On April 6th, the shooters were
  called together for a meeting at the Climax Bar in Caruthersville with Paul
  some others. Jim Green describes the situation: We were told we had "some
  serious problems" to deal with. "First you have to find Ray and kill him, in
  order that nothing can lead back to the government or us," Paul said. "We're
  all in this together, and if one of us goes down, we all go down." He told us
  that his orders came from the top. "Roachie will kill us before he or his
  boss will get involved." Paul seemed more serious than ever. Later, I figured
  out who Roachie was: Cartha Deloach, the number three man [in the FBI] behind
  Hoover and Tolson. . . Butch and I told them what we did with the rifles but
  forgot to mention the 30.06 that I have to this day. . . Everybody in that
  room that day is dead except for Paul and me. (In those days Green and
  Collier always used as their "life insurance policy" the bluff that they had
  the rifle and various tapes and records that would go public if anything
  happened to them. It wasn't true, but it worked. Collier died about ten years
  ago of cancer.) For the next few weeks Green and Collier went to several
  places, toting unregistered Rossi .38 pistols made in Brazil, in their quest
  to kill Ray. Paul always seemed to have a line on Ray's whereabouts, and the
  two hunters came closest to their prey in Toronto. Paul had sent them to a
  hotel where they learned that James Earl had checked out only two hours
  earlier. They searched several other places for two other aliases under which
  Paul knew Ray to be traveling and hiding, but they could not locate him.
  Green says that it was obvious to Butch and him at the time that Paul had
  ongoing intelligence being fed to him by either the Royal Canadian Mounted
  Police or the Toronto City Police. "Ramon George Sneyd" soon acquired his
  passport and made his way to Europe, never knowing how close he came to being
  murdered on the run - ironically by the same faction that had murdered Martin
  Luther King and pinned the crime on Ray. Green subsequently served a short
  time in jail for some previous infractions but had his very early release
  aided by Paul. Two years later, Green met with Missouri Attorney General John
  Danforth and about a half dozen others, including Paul, at a Sikeston,
  Missouri motel. It was a secret investigation in an attempt to oust the
  county sheriff and expose his corruption - which eventually succeeded. But
  Green's performance, with the correct double-talk, exposed nothing, and for
  this he was later rewarded with a deputy's job in the new administration. He
  later moved on to federal undercover work in Memphis. During one seven-month
  period in the mid-70s, the Memphis group got 265 convictions and failed only
  once when a mistrial was declared. Green says, "I know first-hand that the
  police will testify in whatever way they have to in order to get a conviction
  or further their careers." For now exposing the corruption of the courts and
  the FBI, Jim Green is certain that he will be called a liar. "But the same
  people," he is quick to point out, "who will attempt to discredit me today
  will have to be the same ones who in the 1970s said that I was the most
  honest, reliable, and trustworthy witness. If I am a liar, then all the cases
  I testified at should be appealed and thrown out and the records set
  straight." Conclusion As mentioned, Jim Green's revelations fit too many
  pieces (confirmed with the FBI's own documents) to have been contrived from
  his imagination. He had told it to one official long before James Earl Ray
  told his story in Tennessee Waltz, which Green did not read until 1998, after
  he had begun his own book. Jim Green had attempted to "clear his soul" as far
  back as 1973, when he told journalist Kay Black of the Memphis Press Scimiter
  the same story printed here with only slightly fewer details. It was never
  published but frightened Ms. Black enough for her to report it to law
  enforcement authorities. This led to Green's appearance in front of the HSCA
  in 1976. There his testimony was obliterated from the record and never made
  public. So much for government inquiries. One of James Earl Ray's brothers
  has now come forward with information corroborating the FBI's cooperation in
  James' escape as well as the Chicago mob's participation in the
  assassination, under the direction of Sam Giancano. John Ray admits that it
  was he who picked up his brother after his 1967 "escape" in the bread truck
  and drove him to a safe house in East St. Louis. Lyndon Barston's detailed
  research shows powerful evidence implicating the FBI with complicity in a CIA
  plot. 1] In late 1964, the FBI had tried to get Dr. King to commit suicide
  prior to his departing to Europe to claim his Nobel Peace Prize. This was
  accomplished by sending an alleged surveillance tape of Dr. King in an
  extra-marital sexual relation to the SCLC with a letter warning that all
  would become public if Dr. King didn't kill himself prior to his collecting
  his Nobel Prize. 2] Lab work relating to the murder of Dr. King at FBI
  Headquarters was dreadfully inadequate. The Remington 30.06 rifle purchased
  by Ray in Birmingham and deposited at the scene of the crime was not even
  swabbed to see if it had been fired! Today it still remains as the "official"
  murder weapon of the MURKIN case. Yet, for some reason, this test was run on
  even the rifle James Earl Ray had returned to Aeromarine Supply in Birmingham
  in exchange for the Remington prior to the murder! 3] Atlanta FBI informant,
  J. C. Hardin, is documented in the MURKIN file as contacting James Earl Ray
  in Los Angeles just prior to Ray's packing up and heading east to Atlanta and
  Memphis. 4] On the 29th of March, the FBI, through its "friendly" press
  contacts, placed Dr. King in the open and insecure Lorraine Motel by
  criticizing him in the press for patronizing "white owned Hotels." 5]
  Journalist Louis Lomax who later died in a mysterious car crash, was
  investigating Dr. King's death when visited by two FBI men who instructed him
  to abruptly end the series of fruitful articles he was producing for the N.
  A. N. A. Louis Lomax, described as being "no good" in an FBI memo (HQ
  44-38861-3196); was a highly respected journalist. It was Lomax who uncovered
  the deception of the false fingerprints sent out by JeffCity for escaped
  prisoner James Earl Ray. This strongly suggests the duplicity of both state
  and federal agencies in the ploy. The Intelligence Community's relationship
  with the mob and union racketeers, as described by Jim Green, is highly
  documented in the post-World War II era. Chicago mob boss Sam Giancana often
  described the CIA and his organization as "two sides of the same coin." Blood
  and Dishonor on a Badge of Honor will be published later this year. Limited
  copies of Tennessee Waltz by James Earl Ray are still available from Pastoral
  Business, POB 3252, Santa Monica, Calif. 90408.

Martin Luther King, Jr. & the Civil Rights Movement

Martin Luther King, Jr.: A Biographical Sketch

Martin Luther King, Jr. - "I Have a Dream"

Martin Luther King's
Letter from Birmingham Jail--a rhetorical analysis
King's "Letter from Birmingham Jail"--a rhetorical analysis

I have a Dream
by Martin Luther King, Jr.
"When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every tenement and
every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed
up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews
and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and
sing in the words of the old spiritual, "Free at last, free at last.
Thank God Almighty, we are free at last."


Just past noon on January 15, 1929, a son was born to the
Reverend and Mrs. Martin Luther King in an upstairs bedroom
of 501 Auburn Avenue, in Atlanta, Georgia. The couple named
their first son after Rev. King, but he was simply called
"M.L." by the family. During the next 12 years, this fine
two story Victorian home is where "M.L." would live with
his parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, and
their boarders. The home is located in the residential
section of "Sweet Auburn", the center of black Atlanta.
Two blocks west of the home is Ebenezer Baptist Church,
the pastorate of Martin's grandfather and father. It was
in these surroundings of home, church and neighborhood
that "M.L." experienced his childhood. Here, "M.L."
learned about family and Christian love, segregation in
the days of "Jim Crow" laws, diligence and tolerance.
It was to Ebenezer Baptist Church that Dr. Martin Luther
King, Jr. would return in 1960. As co-pastor with his
father, "Daddy King", Dr. King, Jr. would preach about
love, equality, and non-violence.


The family's detailed analysis of the Department
of Justice "limited investigation" report.
November 15, 1999


No conspiracy can survive Expose' -- Please Forward

MLK2.gif (68442 bytes)

January 15, 1929 - April 4, 1968

Chronology of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Biographical Outline of
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Dr. Martin Luther King's Speeches


Subliminal JFK

John Fitzgerald Kennedy


APFN/Ken Vardon
7558 West Thunderbird Rd Ste 1-115
Peoria, Arizona 85381

Subscribe to apfn-1
Powered by groups.yahoo.com


American Patriot Friends Network

"....a network of net workers...."

APFN Message Board

APFN Sitemap

APFN Contents Page

APFN Home Page

E-Mail: apfn@apfn.org


Last updated 01/21/2014