On October 22, 1996, the Oklahoma City Council voted to permanently close the street in front of the site where the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building had stood. The action paves the way for the construction of a permanent memorial to those killed in the April 19,1995 bombing.
The construction of the memorial is calculated to provide closure to the nation's most devastating terrorist attack to date, leaving 168 dead and 500 injured - but closure will not come easily. Disturbing questions continue to surface which dismay not only survivors of the tragedy, but the nation at large.
In an interview, Jannie Coverdale, the grandmother of two of the bombing casualties says, "We're angry, we're very angry because we know that more than Terry Nichols and Timothy McVeigh were involved, but they're the only two people being charged with the bombing."
Others who preferred that their names not be published, had similar sentiments. "Yes, I'm angry because I know I'm being lied to," said a man who had lost his father. "There's a lot that is being covered up, for some reason," charged a federal employee who narrowly escaped death. "Many of us are going to come forward and challenge what's going on as soon as we get some more of the pieces figured out," pledged a law enforcement officer.
The frustration which the survivors are experiencing is fueled by the many inconsistencies and outright falsehoods which they encounter while attempting to obtain the answers which will settle their minds and close this tragic event. Among the questions which must be resolved are the following:
* Was a single bomb responsible for the enormous damage to the steel reinforced building?
* Were agents of the ATF who worked in the building forewarned not to report to work that morning?
* Was the Oklahoma City Fire Department given advance warning of a terrorist attack immediately before the explosion?
* Why were Bomb Squad Units seen in the immediate vicinity of the Federal Building just prior to the blast?
* Why did officials ignore a very explicit warning of the bombing given to them by a federal informant?
* Why was the Federal Building so hurriedly destroyed and the site bull- dozed, before a complete independent investigation could be conducted?
*Single bomb theory: Brigadier General Breton K. Partin (USAF, retired) states, "From all the evidence I have seen in the published material, I can say with a high level of confidence that the damage pattern on the reinforced concrete superstructure could not possibly have been attained from the single truck bomb."
In a 23-page report on the bomb damage, Partin asserts that there is "irrefutable evidence that at least four demolition charges were set off at four critical columns of the reinforced concrete structure."
The first video pictures of the disaster show two large plumes of smoke, one rising from the crater area in the street, the other coming from the center of the federal building. Two separate and independent seismograph records both show two events (blasts) occurred, separated by a 10-second interval.
* ATF agents forewarned: Oklahoma City television station KFOR conducted interviews with three witnesses, all of whom attested that ATF agents admitted to them to being tipped in advance to the bombing; they had been warned on their pagers not to come in to work that day.
* Fire Department forewarned: the grandfather of two of the children killed in the blast had heard reports of FBI advance warning to the Oklahoma City Fire Department. He approached the Assistant Chief who denied the report. The man walked down the hall to the office of the chief dispatcher asking the same question. This time the answer was "YES," they had received a message from the FBI on the Friday before the bombing that they should be on alert. When told of the Assistant Chief's denial of the report, the dispatcher responded, "I'm not going to lie for anybody, a lot of people don't want to get involved in this." The matter could be cleared up easily by checking the radio logs for that time period, but the department claims that the tapes for that date had "accidentally" been recorded over.
* Bomb Squad's early arrival: several credible witnesses report seeing bomb squad units in the immediate area of the Federal Building prior to the explosion.
* Informants warning ignored: a Federal informant delivered a very specific warning to U.S. Justice Department officials just days prior to the deadly bombing. The handwritten letter says, "After leaving Denver for what I thought would be a long time, I returned last night because I have specific information that within two weeks a federal building is to be bombed....I would not ignore this specific request for you, personally, to contact me immediately regarding a plot to blow up a federal building." After the bombing took place, a representative from the Justice Department stated that they did not, and still do not, consider the informant to be credible.
* Federal building destroyed and site dozed: contrary to the practices of preserving evidence at the crime scene, officials have leveled the building and dozed the site, thereby effectively destroying critical evidence. (Quotes from the "New American").
The move prevents further forensic examination of the site and buries contrary evidence of the "single bomb claim". Destruction of the building adds further to the credibility loss of the government, while a federal grand juror has charged federal prosecutors with covering up the identities of other suspects in this crime. The mounting level of evidence implicates FEDERAL GOVERNMENT COMPLICITY in this heinous act of terrorism.
The fathers and mothers, the grandparents, the children and loved ones of those killed in this preventable tragedy ask WHY? The American people ask WHY? Why has the government OF THE PEOPLE turned AGAINST ITS OWN PEOPLE? We must realize that the current powers which control government are not who they appear to be. Consider their aims, the course and direction in which they are leading the country, consider the spirit which drives and motivates them, consider what their ultimate goal for you, for America and for the world is, and you will no longer need to ask WHY.
A significant and portentous occurrence took place within the state of Oklahoma just a year prior to the bombing disaster. The citizens and their elected representatives had become gravely concerned with the rapid advancement of the federal government towards the elimination and destruction of national sovereignty and movements to implement world government.
Therefore, on March 28, 1994, the Oklahoma State Legislature passed:
* "Resolution Nov. 1047, A Resolution relating to United States military forces and the United Nations; memorializing Congress to cease certain activities concerning the United Nations and directing distribution.
* WHEREAS, the constitutional role of the United States military is to protect the life, liberty and property of United States citizens and to defend our nation against insurrection or foreign invasion; and
* WHEREAS, the United States is an independent sovereign nation and not a tributary of the United Nations; and
* WHEREAS there is no popular support for the establishment of a new world order or world sovereignty of any kind either under the United Nations or under any world body in any form of global government; and
* WHEREAS, global government would mean the destruction of our Constitution and corruption of the spirit of the Declaration of Independence, our freedom, and our way of life.
* NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF THE 2ND SESSION OF THE 44TH OKLAHOMA LEGISLATURE:
* THAT the United States Congress is hereby memorialized to:
1. Cease the appropriation of United States funds for any military activity not authorized by Congress;
2. Cease engagement in any military activities under the authority of the United Nations or any world body;
3. Cease the rendering of aid to any activity or engagement under the jurisdiction of the United Nations or any world body; and
4. Cease any support for the establishment of a "new world order" or to any form of global government.
* THAT the United States Congress is hereby memorialized to refrain from taking any further steps toward the economic or political merger of the United States into a world body or any form of world government.
* THAT copies of this resolution be distributed to the Clerk of the United States House of Representatives, the Secretary of the United States Senate, and to each member of the Oklahoma Congressional Delegation.
* Adopted by the House of Representatives the 28th day of March, 1994."
This declaration strikes directly at the heart of the agenda which the real "power brokers" have for America and the world, but this declaration comes too late and does not accurately reflect the true desire of the American people as a whole. It is the last gasp of a dying principle. It is not reasonable to think the world rulers would allow this independent and insubordinate "last gasp" to go unnoticed and unconquered. Oklahoma City experienced the response of the "unseen rulers" to the declaration of their State Legislature in 1994.
There is a popular and flattering illusion which the "rulers" of this country desire to perpetuate. The illusion is "IN GOD WE TRUST" and "AMERICA- LAND OF THE FREE." The United States is no longer UNITED, it is no longer ONE NATION , it is a divided, defeated, dominated subject of the master it has chosen. "Any kingdom that is divided against itself is brought to desolation, and no city or house divided against itself will continue to stand." But, "how can a person go into a strong man's house and carry off his goods?- by first binding the strong man! Then indeed he may plunder his house." Matthew 12:25,29. The strength of the individual, the nation and the world has gradually been bound. As men cease to be true to conscience through compromise and sin, integrity is lost and their God-given power is bound.
The strong power of God's Spirit has been separated from the world. Men have steadily and persistently refused this influence which speaks to their hearts. They have not been "true to themselves" through the voice of their own conscience, therefore, they have sealed themselves away from the only Agent that can heal and restore. The American house has indeed been plundered and is now "left desolate."
Timothy McVeigh Convicted, But the Jury is Still Out!
FBI Still Keeping the Lid on Eyewitness Reports
Disclaimer: APFN is not responsible for the accuracy of
material on 'The Winds'
and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within their web pages.
This page is in the public domain.